what would YOU choose over Artisan Fidelity?

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
af 301. Ikeda 407. Koetsu Blue Lace

Just got a FR-64S as a second arm so ill be ordering the dual arm Statement plinth. Haven’t decided on veneer. Thinking Macassar Ebony.
View attachment 39153

May i ask how you like the Ikeda performs with the Koetsu, and have you bought the FR-64s to mate with the Koetsu?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Thats very useful Ked, thank you very much.
I will research the Fidelity Research. Pun not intended.
Do you know why that was not a good combination?

Edit
It looks very similar to my (and Advanced 101's) Ikeda it407.
Are there any significant differences?

Shakti owns both. He prefers it on the fr64. I liked koetsu only in his set up. I have heard the coral stone on an Ikeda on an artisan fidelity Garrard. The combo didn't do it for me.

advanced101

VIP/Donor
May 3, 2017
May i ask how you like the Ikeda performs with the Koetsu, and have you bought the FR-64s to mate with the Koetsu?

Acoustical System Arche Headshell with Furutech silver leads.

I have been going back and forth between the Ikeda and the FR-64S. The Ikeda is more relaxed and textured while the FR-64S is more dynamic and energetic. If you have a quiet and well dampened table I would go with the FR. I like the FR in conjunction with my SPEC+ mat. I use the Micro Seiki AST-10 tonearm weight with the Ikeda. Unfortunately, it doesnt fit the FR on my Artisan Fidelity plinth.

The FR also feels like it is better built with a more solid feel. I will continue experimenting with different combinations of parts. I would like to try a Herbies tonearm dampener with the FR.

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
Shakti owns both. He prefers it on the fr64. I liked koetsu only in his set up. I have heard the coral stone on an Ikeda on an artisan fidelity Garrard. The combo didn't do it for me.

That's very helpful. Thank you very much

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
Acoustical System Arche Headshell with Furutech silver leads.

I have been going back and forth between the Ikeda and the FR-64S. The Ikeda is more relaxed and textured while the FR-64S is more dynamic and energetic. If you have a quiet and well dampened table I would go with the FR. I like the FR in conjunction with my SPEC+ mat. I use the Micro Seiki AST-10 tonearm weight with the Ikeda. Unfortunately, it doesnt fit the FR on my Artisan Fidelity plinth.

The FR also feels like it is better built with a more solid feel. I will continue experimenting with different combinations of parts. I would like to try a Herbies tonearm dampener with the FR.

That's really interesting.
I'm approaching my dual armboard scenarios by tilting one arm cartridge combo for bass driven music, electronica, reggae etc, and the other for rock pop and acoustic. Currently the Ikeda is intended to mate with a Miyabi Fuuga for bass driven, and the Van den Hul Colibri will mate with a Schroeder CB tonearm for acoustic music.

But from your comments it seems as though the FR might be better suited to dance music than the Ikeda

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing