what would YOU choose over Artisan Fidelity?

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
I'm in the uk :)

The Voyd was the stuff of legend when I was going through the ranks.
I'm not familiar with the Saskia , I'll do some research.
Thank you for your input

You wont find much info about Saskia. You might find them at Shows. You will only find best room, best sound at show, with Saskia in that room kind of info. I was interested in the turntable at one point and asked Marc Gomez who sold a SAT to one of Saskia customer for the contact of the creator of Saskai, but I never contacted him though.

Kind regards,
Tang

Loheswaran

Dec 19, 2014
I'm in the uk :)

The Voyd was the stuff of legend when I was going through the ranks.
I'm not familiar with the Saskia , I'll do some research.
Thank you for your input

This guy has some truly high end stuff for sale - not only that he happens to know from experience what he is talking about.

http://unique-audio.co.uk/used/turntables/

I understand that everyone gets very excited about the SP10 Mk3 - that said DD'd do not begin and end with the Technics - check this out:
http://www.oocities.org/de/bc1a69/museum_eng.html

I recall a thread in which one of the guys from Lyra commented that he actually prefers the Sony TTS. I recall it has something to do with the way the speed control is not so intrusive as per the technics - I am not qualified to comment save for the fact that amongst my 'projects' is a Sony TTS 8000. Also do a search for a chap called Richard Krebs - he modifies DD bearings and apparently they do wonders - he has a real understanding of DD decks.

BTW - I love the level of bass that you want - I have images of the Guiness advert with the Leftfield music and the horses jumping from the water.:)

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
This guy has some truly high end stuff for sale - not only that he happens to know from experience what he is talking about.

http://unique-audio.co.uk/used/turntables/

I understand that everyone gets very excited about the SP10 Mk3 - that said DD'd do not begin and end with the Technics - check this out:
http://www.oocities.org/de/bc1a69/museum_eng.html

I recall a thread in which one of the guys from Lyra commented that he actually prefers the Sony TTS. I recall it has something to do with the way the speed control is not so intrusive as per the technics - I am not qualified to comment save for the fact that amongst my 'projects' is a Sony TTS 8000. Also do a search for a chap called Richard Krebs - he modifies DD bearings and apparently they do wonders - he has a real understanding of DD decks.

BTW - I love the level of bass that you want - I have images of the Guiness advert with the Leftfield music and the horses jumping from the water.:)

Just spent an hour looking through those links....thank you very much ?

I think I managed to lose a number of contributors with that description of the type of bass I was looking for...glad some body got it

I should have just linked to this

jtinn

Industry Expert
Apr 20, 2010
Hullooo XV-1

The problem is that to audition either would involve transatlantic travel...which as a cannabis user is something I'm truly not a big fan of. If it were to visit Boulder that might not be an issue...but AF are based in the mid west, if I recall?

It is legal in Oregon as well :)

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
It is legal in Oregon as well :)

:cool:

Roll on the outbreak of common sense...will be amazing when it finally reaches the U of K

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
Post script

New arrival....

Ah shucks, this was going to be a pic of my new deck.
How do i post pictures again?

advanced101

VIP/Donor
May 3, 2017
Looks very familiar, was that Brian Gupton's Statement 301? Very beautiful. I saw the sale ad a while back and was tempted even though I have one.

Capture.jpg

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
Yes indeed ? i decided to sidestep the lead time
I've added a VandenHul Colibri xgw and Stillpoint ultra 5's

Last edited:

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
15203458534141282500535.jpg

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
Looks very familiar, was that Brian Gupton's Statement 301? Very beautiful. I saw the sale ad a while back and was tempted even though I have one.

When you say you have one, do you mean an AF or a Garrard?

advanced101

VIP/Donor
May 3, 2017
when you say you have one, do you mean an af or a garrard?

af 301. Ikeda 407. Koetsu Blue Lace

Just got a FR-64S as a second arm so ill be ordering the dual arm Statement plinth. Haven’t decided on veneer. Thinking Macassar Ebony.
16ADCED6-14C5-4C46-B9AB-8FE25BC44C88.jpg

Last edited:

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
af 301. Ikeda 407. Koetsu Blue Lace

Just got a FR-64S as a second arm so ill be ordering the dual arm Statement plinth. Haven’t decided on veneer. Thinking Macassar Ebony.
View attachment 39153

Very nice......last night i was pondering which arm to mate with a Koetsu Blue Lace on my upcoming Kodo the Beat. I'm leaning towards a Kuzma Air Line.
The headshell on your IT 407 looks different to mine.
Is it Koetsu specific?

When i was going to order a pair of matching 301's my choice was Hawaiian Figured Koa.
But i kept worrying whether it would look as good as the Kingswood example that popped up whenever i googled AF 301 Statement.
And then when that very example became available i jumped at it.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Koetsu coralstone worked very poorly with Kuzma 4p, so not sure why Blue Lace will work with Airline. Fidelity Research (FR 64s or 66s) will be more suitable. PM Shakti for advice.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
It is Arche headshell from Acoustical System.

Thank you Tango ?
Is that an upgrade, or an adapter for the Koetsu?

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
Koetsu coralstone worked very poorly with Kuzma 4p, so not sure why Blue Lace will work with Airline. Fidelity Research (FR 64s or 66s) will be more suitable. PM Shakti for advice.

Thats very useful Ked, thank you very much.
I will research the Fidelity Research. Pun not intended.
Do you know why that was not a good combination?

Edit
It looks very similar to my (and Advanced 101's) Ikeda it407.
Are there any significant differences?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing