Fosters Trio, 2017

carolkoh

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
I picked up my first Fosterlings of 2017 on Saturday. Three from the same litter, two black - a big boy with a kink in his tail - independent. He will come to you when he's good and ready, and a sweet little girl who likes to snuggle, one tabby - loud, obnoxiously demanding boy - thinks he can take on the world.

Settling down on names - Raven Claw, Thistle Fizz and Dandelion Fluff but we shall see.
Duo2.jpg
Raven & Dandelion

Dandelion.jpg
Dandie

Duo.jpg
Dandie and Thistle

About five weeks and still recovering from the stress of an 8 hour road trip from Colville to Seattle. A couple (Dandelion was one) got car sick and ate too much and then puked for a day or so.

carolkoh

Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
A lap full of kittens. This is what my lap looks like every morning and evening. :) I play with them (basically make them hunt for their food), then I feed them. Then fix my own breakfast / dinner - and they all end up on my lap after they are done washing themselves after their meal.
lapful.jpg

carolkoh

Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
The kittens have been ill. Something one has, all will get. Of the 16 that came to the rescue, 4 have been to the vets so far. For the same ailment. All three of mine received fluids and two types of antibiotics. The two little ones have required two days of fluids - they were so dehydrated from puking and then bad diarrhea. The big guy (if you can call an extra oz big) has recovered. Thistle is on the way to recovery, and Dandelion finally is as well. They ate well and tonight... Dandelion (the sickest) had semi-solid poo! The exciting life of a kitten foster mum! It has been a few days of moving the kittens from cage to bathroom and then cleaning and disinfecting, and lots of laundry. I swear my hands smell of bleach and my shirt of poo - but I KNOW that is my imagination. LoL. As a friend (and mother of two) said... once you get that smell up your nostrils you imagine you smell it everywhere.

Here's Raven snuggled up to my Daisy today. The moment I left my chair, they took the warm spot. Of course!
DaisynRaven.jpg

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Cute picture just above Carol.
This afternoon I just learned that my friend neighbor's dogs...one has cancer of the throat (more tests are required) and the other has a fractured leg.
It's been exacting for them in the last three weeks or so...the wife of one of their two sons lost her baby boy...he died only two days old.

carolkoh

Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
This afternoon I just learned that my friend neighbor's dogs...one has cancer of the throat (more tests are required) and the other has a fractured leg.
It's been exacting for them in the last three weeks or so...the wife of one of their two sons lost her baby boy...he died only two days old.

Yikes! Oh dear. :(

carolkoh

Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
Well, Dandelion got worse and ended up in kitty hospital for a couple days for IV fluids and antibiotics. They have all bounced back now. After all the meds, I've been giving them probiotics and dried pumpkin for fiber in their diet. They all have nice poo! (The exciting life of a kitten foster parent) :D

Ravenclaw on the first warm day of the year
Ravenclaw.jpg

After dinner nap time - this is how my lap looks most evenings.
Daisynkits.jpg

carolkoh

Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
All adopted at the adoption event today! Ravenclaw went with a pair of cat Daddies to a home with a young adult cat for company. Dandelion and Thistle went together to a Cat Daddy who are going to love and spoil them. Good Father's Day event. :) All eight kittens available were adopted. The line started before the event began. Dandelion, Thistle and Ravenclaw were the first to be adopted. :) 2 potential adopters did not even get to meet any kittens.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing