How current or up-to-date is the Spectral website for gear? ....

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
I realize that this may be a silly question. I am still a Spectral newbie.

I am assuming that the Spectral website would be the go to listing for current models.

I may be getting an opportunity this coming week to finally hear Spectral and I just want to know what's current.

Last edited:

Mdp632

May 29, 2016
I realize that this may be a silly question. I am still a Spectral newbie.

I am assuming that the Spectral website would be the go to listing for current models.

I may be getting an opportunity this coming week to finally hear Spectral and I just want to know what's current.

Joe,

The Spectral website is dated. I think the pre amps are the only current updated ones that reflect what is in production. The link below from an Authorized dealer is up to date. Btw, I've heard the "Entry Level" DMC-30SC and DMA-240 combo a few months ago and was blown away.

The DMA-240 has replaced the DMA-200 S2 and the new DMA-280 has replaced the DMA-260 S2 as per the link below. Good luck and let us know your impressions.

https://overtureav.com/shop/spectral

Last edited:

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
Thank you so much.

A friend might be buying a pair of speakers from someone on Audiogon this week. He mentioned the guy absolutely loves Spectral and I think he will have it hooked up when my friend goes to audition the speakers. I will try and meet them there so I can listen too.

I tend to prefer gear on the warmer side of neutral, but I have always been Spectral curious. I never wanted to bother a dealer enough to waste their time with an audition. This could be fun.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing