The Absolute Sound article on UltraAnalogue Recordings - April 2017

Nevillekapadia

VIP/Donor
Aug 30, 2010
Congrats Ed and Tony. Your tapes are just wonderful.

Edward Pong

Industry Expert
Jun 24, 2013
Locust Hill, Ontario
Many thanks Bruce, Christian, Neville & Mike!

Long before I started UltraAnalogue Recordings, I was an audiophile reading all the issues of TAS in the early small format...

Now recording this most enduring music, with some of the most talented young artists of this generation, for the audiophile world has been a blast... To hear our efforts confirmed in TAS is a dream come true...!

Thank you all for your great support...!

Ed

Greg Beron / UHA

Member Sponsor
Apr 5, 2012
Washington DC
www.unitedhomeaudio.com
I recall many years ago in 2012 at CES in the Flamingo (see pictures below) I was showing on the ground floor with Quintessence Acoustics speakers and PBN Audio electronics when Ed came in the room with tapes.
There wasn't much music out there on 15ips tape and to hear that someone was recording new artists in 2012 direct to tape was quite interesting.....

Fast forward to 2017 and Ed has come a long way baby! The performance quality of Ed's musical offerings are a light speed jump from 2012.
Back then I would not have believed that Ed would ferret out such technically proficient stars and great captures of their skills onto tape!

But I recall he started pretty well... I remember playing Ed's tapes in the room and people pulling cash outta their pockets too, I recall he went home with no tapes but had cash in hand.

IMG_4080-quintessance-acoustics-united-home-audio-pbn-audio-small.jpg
IMG_4107-TASCAM-UHA-HQ-reel-to-reel-tape-decks-by-uhp-small.jpg
IMG_4079.jpg

Edward Pong

Industry Expert
Jun 24, 2013
Locust Hill, Ontario
Hey Greg, I remember that day well...! Can't believe how fast time has gone by...

There's a saying in Chinese... "if you blink your eyes a few times... 5,10 years have passed by..."

Certainly in these last 5 years, no one has worked harder to advance the cause of tape than YOU! Bravo !

You seem to be at most of the shows... winning all the "Best Sound of Shows..." There are a lot more companies producing tapes, I think largely in response to your efforts of getting tapes decks out there...!

Keep up the great work !

Ed

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing