Is the Economy back on track?

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
. . . From where you stand, are we headed in the same direction and/or have we changed some of the aforementioned factors that led us to the bubble in the first place?

Tom

I have no idea. I am one of the worst market timers in the world. If I say "buy now!" you would do well to short the asset in question.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Buy some cryptocurrencies if you want to fiddle around with some spare cash. There's several that could turn big. Even a modest amount bought can go far... you could have retired nicely pretty easy with a few grand in Bitcoin early on.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Amazon ... https://www.cnet.com/uk/news/alexa-what-did-i-miss-amazon-introduces-voice-notifications/
https://www.benzinga.com/analyst-ra...mazon-vs-alphabet-the-race-to-1-000-per-share

https://www.fool.com/investing/2017/05/16/heres-what-warren-buffett-is-buying-and-selling.aspx
http://www.investors.com/news/best-and-worst-stock-picks-by-berkshires-buffett-top-hedge-funds/

Apple ...
Google ...
Microsoft ...
Facebook ...
_____

The planet Earth is back on track...almost, and the human race is racing for space.
Oil prices are rising, warmer temperatures are rising too, the water level is rising, the global economy is following the course.
Disney is expanding, OLED is front page news, 3D is dead, Dolby Vision is the future. :b

I don't know a thing about the American economy, I just read the news like anyone else. In Mexico the drug trade and the corruption is their alibi, in Canada ... no clue. :b

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
I'm ready to take everything out of the market close to the peak and put it into CDs when the bubble breaks until the market is safe again.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
CDs? I think your money is safer in LPs.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
CDs? I think your money is safer in LPs.

LPs? I wish I had put my money in SACDs a few years ago. The Esoteric Beethoven: The Nine Symphonies CD box currently goes for an higher price than the MFSL Beatles LP box ...

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
I see I should have said certificates of deposit, not CDs. :D

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Lol

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
I'm ready to take everything out of the market close to the peak and put it into CDs when the bubble breaks until the market is safe again.

I'm seriously considering putting sell stops on many things. Stability is off the table at the moment and I'm reminded of my Dad's old saying: Bulls win, Bears win, Pigs lose.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I'm seriously considering putting sell stops on many things. Stability is off the table at the moment and I'm reminded of my Dad's old saying: Bulls win, Bears win, Pigs lose.

I've already done that

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
I'm reluctant for the wrong reasons. Need to take care of it. Apple has treated us well :)

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
I'm reluctant for the wrong reasons. Need to take care of it. Apple has treated us well :)

Apple and Amazon are probably going to be relatively OK.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

I'd like to believe that Gary but IMO the reality is that Tim Cook is no Steve Jobs and I feel he has nothing new or dramatic to contribute. How dare he take away the ports on the laptop this year

Having said that I believe that Apple will be the first Trillion dollar company

Having said that however the time has come to sequentially exit.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA

Amazon is questionable. It depends how long they can hold out using illegal workers for their warehouses, especially as min wages change and tolerance for charging for cashing employee's checks for them (because they're illegals). Among probably some other points that may come up...

Apple's are gaining some popularity since Windows 10 is more cancerous than Mac OSX. But that no port thing is insane. The computer world basically decided what they're going to sell us, and don't respond in the least to customer desires. Phones on the hand do...

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
I'd like to believe that Gary but IMO the reality is that Tim Cook is no Steve Jobs and I feel he has nothing new or dramatic to contribute. How dare he take away the ports on the laptop this year

Having said that I believe that Apple will be the first Trillion dollar company

Having said that however the time has come to sequentially exit.

Gotta say Steve, the lack of ports isn't really bothering me. Not ideal, but proving to be no big deal either. And computers aren't a huge revenue driver anyway.

Keys for Apple are expanding in areas of health, autonomous driving, AR and AI -- none of these are immediate and no one's really there yet. Tessa furthest along w/automous maybe but most of these fields still very nascent.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing