A question about room demands on speakers

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
That's fine then, but careful of absorption behind panel it deadens the sound, diffusion behind better

With that size room and distance to front wall x2 agree.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Joel had loads of slap echo and he reduced that and his RT is 0.3 now. He has a couple of DAADs in the corner, but otherwise he has those PYT audio panels for bass

0.3s? Isn´t it too low for sound reproduction?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

I guess when people do it measured they get 0.3 to 0.4 as per studios as compared to 1.8 to 2.2 for concert halls. Wonder what Mike's is, that's the right one

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
I guess when people do it measured they get 0.3 to 0.4 as per studios as compared to 1.8 to 2.2 for concert halls. Wonder what Mike's is, that's the right one

I believe it's frequency dependent and typically not flat especially wrt lower frequencies. I do recall that around .3 is ideal and I would assume that's >100Hz and up.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Hi Steve,

This has been sitting in Marc’s inbox since morning. Can you please tell me why he hasn’t posted it? This is Bill’s representation. In case you think I am name calling, you should know that he will purposefully slag off Lampi incorrectly to provoke. I have nothing against him representing correctly, but to do so incorrectly is – well - incorrect

So based on latest info:
> GG performance with 242 and most importantly full grounding system has elevated it to the TT level and sometimes beyond / sometime less depending on material
> It has really become a software format issue not hardware issue now.
> Can the GG beat the musicality and stage of the TT with a great Decca or Analogue Productions - no. But the gap with grounding and 242 is much closer.
> let's see what happens when TT grounding is sorted.
> Also, if the TT setting is not spot on, it doesn't sound as good

Can anyone please tell me how what he posted was correct?

Addendum from Bill: My Lampi just kicked my TT's ass proper. Maybe my Kleos is on it's last legs or Aesthetix IO Sig valves need replacing

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines

.4 average is the norm. Typically tail up on bass and a bit down in the treble. In my case my midrange is around .3

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing