Masking small scratches on Spectral Frontplates

Console

Apr 17, 2017
Timbuktu ;)
Hi there,

Is there any color or way to mask very light scratches on Soectral Frontplates? I have some on the DMA 180, which you can see if you put direct light on it. Not really bad, but I love my babies and it would be great to have them mint looking... :)

Thanks for any tips!
Console

Console

Apr 17, 2017
Timbuktu ;)
I found a wonderful trick! All super light scratches are GONE, the slightly thicker ones significantly less visible! :)

Polish it with Tooth paste (no whitener!) with a dry cloth. Rub firmly with feeling for 1 minute... Clean with slightly wet cloth. Dry with another cloth... Done you are: Scratches gone!
:) Probably helpful for you, guys!

Best Console

cannata

Jan 30, 2014
Italy
I found a wonderful trick! All super light scratches are GONE, the slightly thicker ones significantly less visible! :)

Polish it with Tooth paste (no whitener!) with a dry cloth. Rub firmly with feeling for 1 minute... Clean with slightly wet cloth. Dry with another cloth... Done you are: Scratches gone!
:) Probably helpful for you, guys!

Best Console

Wow, thank you. I just tried that and it works!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing