Nagra HD Amps - Anyone have experience with these?

SuperDave

May 12, 2017
Texas
It should be a month until I get the HDs. This is by far the biggest audio purchase I've ever made and the excitement outweighs the insanity of it. Its going to be a long wait...On another note, RIP Chris Cornell. He will always be one of my favorite artists with an unforgettable voice. I listened all night

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
It should be a month until I get the HDs. This is by far the biggest audio purchase I've ever made and the excitement outweighs the insanity of it. Its going to be a long wait...On another note, RIP Chris Cornell. He will always be one of my favorite artists with an unforgettable voice. I listened all night

Come to Austin, why wait ;-), seriously, this is a transformative purchase...once heard there is no going back. Even my wife, who thinks I'm totally nuts, "kinda" understood this buy when she heard em...

Reactions: goodsource

SuperDave

May 12, 2017
Texas
Come to Austin, why wait ;-), seriously, this is a transformative purchase...once heard there is no going back. Even my wife, who thinks I'm totally nuts, "kinda" understood this buy when she heard em...

John,
Sounds like your wife is very cool and I'm sure hoping mine is as blown away as you and yours. I'd love to come to Austin to hear your system and get a chance to meet face to face. I have a 7 month old and a 3 year old at home, so my travelling days are few and far between right now. I could make a day trip anytime, just let me know a day that works best for you and i'll make it happen.

Dave

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Just heard quite a bit of them today here in Munich, on the YG/Nagra room/booth. I liked what I heard :)

cheers,
alex

SuperDave

May 12, 2017
Texas
Just heard quite a bit of them today here in Munich, on the YG/Nagra room/booth. I liked what I heard :)

cheers,
alex

Alex,
Thanks for the update! Was Nagra showing the HD pre with the HD amps? I thought they may have a prototype there. Anyways, have fun!

Dave

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
John,
Sounds like your wife is very cool and I'm sure hoping mine is as blown away as you and yours. I'd love to come to Austin to hear your system and get a chance to meet face to face. I have a 7 month old and a 3 year old at home, so my travelling days are few and far between right now. I could make a day trip anytime, just let me know a day that works best for you and i'll make it happen.

Dave

I could likely do june 2nd, june 3rd or june 6th. mid day? let me know via PM...if those don't work maybe later in june too...

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

Do you know what is the output impedance of the HD's? I can not find it anywhere.

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
YG/Nagra is on the SME booth/room, I think it's E09. Also with HD amps. And you didn't have to be rude about it, BTW.

IMG_0982.jpg

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Do you know what is the output impedance of the HD's? I can not find it anywhere.

I don't know...I'd email Nagra...if you go to their website a contact section...

CORRECTION, it was in my owners manual. <90 m ohms

Last edited:

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Went back to the Wilson/Nagra room, and alas, no HD Preamp in sight.
I was kinda expecting to see it there also...

cheers,
alex

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
I don't know...I'd email Nagra...if you go to their website a contact section...

CORRECTION, it was in my owners manual. <90 m ohms

Thanks - it is very different from the Agostino or Dartzeel (~300 m ohm) , they will need a specific Opus tuning.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin

SuperDave

May 12, 2017
Texas

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin

SuperDave

May 12, 2017
Texas
John & Matej,
Thanks for the links. I'm really excited about this pre after hearing the HD amps and together will be something special.

Matej Isak

Jan 20, 2013
EU
www.monoandstereo.com
Matej, Great website you have-I bet that was a fun site visit ! When do you get a HD Pre to demo? I'm hoping my dealer get's one after the debut at RMAF....

Thanks, I'm glad you like M and S and yes visiting Nagra is always something special.

HD PREAMP will be on active display at the Tokyo Show (end of September) and at the RMAF (early October). Nagra dealers will most probably get their demo units around November.

I don't have exact info about the demo unit, but will update as soon as I do.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing