Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nagra HD Amps - Anyone have experience with these?

It should be a month until I get the HDs. This is by far the biggest audio purchase I've ever made and the excitement outweighs the insanity of it. Its going to be a long wait...On another note, RIP Chris Cornell. He will always be one of my favorite artists with an unforgettable voice. I listened all night

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
    It should be a month until I get the HDs. This is by far the biggest audio purchase I've ever made and the excitement outweighs the insanity of it. Its going to be a long wait...On another note, RIP Chris Cornell. He will always be one of my favorite artists with an unforgettable voice. I listened all night
    Come to Austin, why wait ;-), seriously, this is a transformative purchase...once heard there is no going back. Even my wife, who thinks I'm totally nuts, "kinda" understood this buy when she heard em...
    Speakers: Rockport Altair 2
    Preamp: Robert Koda K10
    Amp: Nagra HD Amps
    Cables: Transparent Magnum Opus on sources, Opus Gen 5 Pre to amps & speaker
    Power Transparent Opus, Opus Source Power Cords & Opus Power Isolators
    Power Shunyata DPC-6 v2
    Digital dCS Vivaldi full stack w/ Transparent Reference XL Digital cables
    Phono: Grand Prix Monaco TT, Spiral Groove Centroid, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2, Nagra VPS/VFS/MPS
    Racks: Grand Prix Audio Silverstone F1

Quote Originally Posted by jfrech View Post
    Come to Austin, why wait ;-), seriously, this is a transformative purchase...once heard there is no going back. Even my wife, who thinks I'm totally nuts, "kinda" understood this buy when she heard em...
    John,
    Sounds like your wife is very cool and I'm sure hoping mine is as blown away as you and yours. I'd love to come to Austin to hear your system and get a chance to meet face to face. I have a 7 month old and a 3 year old at home, so my travelling days are few and far between right now. I could make a day trip anytime, just let me know a day that works best for you and i'll make it happen.

Dave

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Just heard quite a bit of them today here in Munich, on the YG/Nagra room/booth. I liked what I heard

cheers,
    alex
    Disclosure:
    Alma Music and Audio - La Jolla, CA
    Aqua Hi-Fi - Audio Research - Audioquest - Audionet - Audiopax - Auralic - Aurender - Bergmann - Brodmann - D'Agostino - darTZeel - Devialet - DEQX - ELAC - Evolution Acoustics - Hegel - iFi - Innuos - IsoTek - Kii Audio - Koetsu - Kronos - Kubala Sosna - Kuzma - Larsen - Linn - MSB Technology - Music Hall - Ortofon - Roon - Solid Steel - Sound Galleries Music Server - Technics - Wharfedale - Wilson Audio - YG Acoustics
    [ http://almaaudio.com ]

Quote Originally Posted by asiufy View Post
    Just heard quite a bit of them today here in Munich, on the YG/Nagra room/booth. I liked what I heard

cheers,
    alex
    Alex,
    Thanks for the update! Was Nagra showing the HD pre with the HD amps? I thought they may have a prototype there. Anyways, have fun!

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
    John,
    Sounds like your wife is very cool and I'm sure hoping mine is as blown away as you and yours. I'd love to come to Austin to hear your system and get a chance to meet face to face. I have a 7 month old and a 3 year old at home, so my travelling days are few and far between right now. I could make a day trip anytime, just let me know a day that works best for you and i'll make it happen.

Dave
    I could likely do june 2nd, june 3rd or june 6th. mid day? let me know via PM...if those don't work maybe later in june too...
    Power Shunyata DPC-6 v2
    Phono: Grand Prix Monaco TT, Spiral Groove Centroid, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2, Nagra VPS/VFS/MPS

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] microstrip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jfrech View Post
    Do you know what is the output impedance of the HD's? I can not find it anywhere.
    Under construction around a pair of Wilson XLF's , Forsell Air Force One, ARC Phono 2SE and a DCS Vivaldi 2.0 stack : cj GAT + cj LP275m's, TA OPUS MM2 +TA XL digital, TA XL gen V power cables ...

[Industry Expert] Senior Member metaphacts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asiufy View Post

cheers,
    alex
    The Nagra room doesn't have YG in it.

Name:  Nagra_Munich2017Setup_01.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  269.3 KB

Perhaps the YG room has Nagra in it?
    Last edited by metaphacts; 05-19-2017 at 06:00 PM.
    Wilson Audio

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    YG/Nagra is on the SME booth/room, I think it's E09. Also with HD amps. And you didn't have to be rude about it, BTW.

Name:  IMG_0982.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  1.21 MB
    Disclosure:
    Alma Music and Audio - La Jolla, CA
    Aqua Hi-Fi - Audio Research - Audioquest - Audionet - Audiopax - Auralic - Aurender - Bergmann - Brodmann - D'Agostino - darTZeel - Devialet - DEQX - ELAC - Evolution Acoustics - Hegel - iFi - Innuos - IsoTek - Kii Audio - Koetsu - Kronos - Kubala Sosna - Kuzma - Larsen - Linn - MSB Technology - Music Hall - Ortofon - Roon - Solid Steel - Sound Galleries Music Server - Technics - Wharfedale - Wilson Audio - YG Acoustics
    [ http://almaaudio.com ]

Quote Originally Posted by microstrip View Post
    Do you know what is the output impedance of the HD's? I can not find it anywhere.
    I don't know...I'd email Nagra...if you go to their website a contact section...

CORRECTION, it was in my owners manual. <90 m ohms
    Last edited by jfrech; 05-20-2017 at 06:01 AM.
    Power Shunyata DPC-6 v2

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast