Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another ground boxes' competitor ?

Thought this would be of interest here, a preview of Nordost's QKORE grounding system by Hi-Fi+.

Addicted to Best!
    Could someone take an Ohm meter to the QKORE6 six terminals and see if they are connected together?
    Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Speedskater View Post
    Could someone take an Ohm meter to the QKORE6 six terminals and see if they are connected together?
    Not sure if they will let me but I will take a look at the box at LA audio show and report back.
    Amir
    Madrona Digital
    Founder, Audio Science Review Forum
    Contributing Editor, Widescreen Review Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Speedskater View Post
    What's sad is, an audiophile could DIY a real grounding system that follows good engineering practice and works, for a small fraction of the cost.

But making it pretty is up to the audiophile.
    Agreed....I still fail to understand how these grounding boxes (including the larger multi-post version of this new offering) come in at retail prices of $5K-$6K (USD) and higher not to mention ground wires bigger than many power cords, interconnects and speaker cables from some other manufacturers.

Quote Originally Posted by SCAudiophile View Post
    Agreed....I still fail to understand how these grounding boxes (including the larger multi-post version of this new offering) come in at retail prices of $5K-$6K (USD) and higher not to mention ground wires bigger than many power cords, interconnects and speaker cables from some other manufacturers.
    The insane priced gears are normality here on audiophile domain.
    we want to mention the costs of Elrod cables, for instance ? (which, as you know, I have and love a lot).
    I use Entreq boxes and since I think you have an open mind to try, I invite you to test a Poseidon connecting 2 negative terminals of your power amplifier and the third to one spare connector of your Pre-amplifier.
    Only at that point will you be able to figure out if the price you will pay will be right for the improvement you get. This is the game in our hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by caliaripaolo View Post
    The insane priced gears are normality here on audiophile domain.
    we want to mention the costs of Elrod cables, for instance ? (which, as you know, I have and love a lot).
    I use Entreq boxes and since I think you have an open mind to try, I invite you to test a Poseidon connecting 2 negative terminals of your power amplifier and the third to one spare connector of your Pre-amplifier.
    Only at that point will you be able to figure out if the price you will pay will be right for the improvement you get. This is the game in our hobby.
    Thanks...totally agree; I may try the Entreq when time and funds make themselves available. In the meantime, I've been very happy for years with my Granite Audio Ground Zero star-grounding box and for the last 2-3 years, Environmental Potentials Ground Filters installed in my whole house panel feed to my sub-panel and on the dedicated circuits themselves in my sub-panel. The combination of ground filters and star-grounding will be (IMHO) tough to beat. One other thing,...I have dual grounding rods on the house with CADWELD bonding employed to permanently bond large gauge solid copper ground leads to both rods. The total solution overall is what gets me the playback quality I enjoy today. It will be interesting to see if adding Entreq or Nordost grounding offerings would make any appreciable difference; Entreq is reported to be one of the best clearly, I personally wish they had a bit different appearance than the light wood cases but that's neither here nor there with respect to overall sound quality. Thanks for the recommendation!

Thanks...totally agree; I may try the Entreq when time and funds make themselves available. In the meantime, I've been very happy for years with my Granite Audio Ground Zero star-grounding box and for the last 2-3 years, Environmental Potentials Ground Filters installed in my whole house panel feed to my sub-panel and on the dedicated circuits themselves in my sub-panel. The combination of ground filters and star-grounding will be (IMHO) tough to beat. One other thing,...I have dual grounding rods on the house with CADWELD bonding employed to permanently bond large gauge solid copper ground leads to both rods. The total solution overall is what gets me the playback quality I enjoy today.
    I absolutely had no doubts about it, I see your amazing system.

Entreq is reported to be one of the best clearly, I personally wish they had a bit different appearance than the light wood cases but that's neither here nor there with respect to overall sound quality. Thanks for the recommendation!
    Yep, in my case it pairs well with the color of my Eidolons'. You are welcome.

Addicted to Best!
    Thanks...totally agree; I may try the Entreq when time and funds make themselves available. In the meantime, I've been very happy for years with my Granite Audio Ground Zero star-grounding box
    At least it's a real grounding system. But i guess the switches are to add background noise to taste.

and for the last 2-3 years, Environmental Potentials Ground Filters installed in my whole house panel feed to my sub-panel and on the dedicated circuits themselves in my sub-panel.
    Are you sure that they are UL approved for the intended use? Them seem to only have a surge suppression rating.

One other thing,...I have dual grounding rods on the house with CADWELD bonding employed to permanently bond large gauge solid copper ground leads to both rods.
    Nothing wrong with a well installed ground rod system, But it's there for safety, not day-to-day AC power quality.
    Kevin

And then there's this:

http://www.foq.jp/foqhp_e/product/et01.html

Not sure though about hum caused by "regurgitation" 🤣

There is no commercially produced grounding device made today that will get you where you need to be.
    "Noise is the enemy. Noise is the unnecessary baggage that most systems carry around like backpackers scaling a crest loaded up with stones - it kills the experience. In audiophile terms, it kills clarity, speed and dynamics." ---Walter Fields

'Remembering That You Are Going To Die Is The Best Way I Know To Avoid The Trap Of Thinking You Have Something To Lose' ---Steve Jobs

"With out signal grounding,you have more noise than signal" - Scott Dorsey

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123