Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36

Thread: Another ground boxes' competitor ?

  1. #21
    Addicted to Best! audio.bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Posts
    329
    Thought this would be of interest here, a preview of Nordost's QKORE grounding system by Hi-Fi+.

  2. #22
    Addicted to Best!
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Cleveland Ohio
    Posts
    743
    Could someone take an Ohm meter to the QKORE6 six terminals and see if they are connected together?
    Kevin

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    16,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedskater View Post
    Could someone take an Ohm meter to the QKORE6 six terminals and see if they are connected together?
    Not sure if they will let me but I will take a look at the box at LA audio show and report back.

  4. #24
    Addicted to Best! SCAudiophile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Greer South Carolina (USA)
    Posts
    574
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedskater View Post
    What's sad is, an audiophile could DIY a real grounding system that follows good engineering practice and works, for a small fraction of the cost.

    But making it pretty is up to the audiophile.
    Agreed....I still fail to understand how these grounding boxes (including the larger multi-post version of this new offering) come in at retail prices of $5K-$6K (USD) and higher not to mention ground wires bigger than many power cords, interconnects and speaker cables from some other manufacturers.

  5. #25
    Addicted to Best! caliaripaolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Italia
    Posts
    281
    Quote Originally Posted by SCAudiophile View Post
    Agreed....I still fail to understand how these grounding boxes (including the larger multi-post version of this new offering) come in at retail prices of $5K-$6K (USD) and higher not to mention ground wires bigger than many power cords, interconnects and speaker cables from some other manufacturers.
    The insane priced gears are normality here on audiophile domain.
    we want to mention the costs of Elrod cables, for instance ? (which, as you know, I have and love a lot).
    I use Entreq boxes and since I think you have an open mind to try, I invite you to test a Poseidon connecting 2 negative terminals of your power amplifier and the third to one spare connector of your Pre-amplifier.
    Only at that point will you be able to figure out if the price you will pay will be right for the improvement you get. This is the game in our hobby.

  6. #26
    Addicted to Best! SCAudiophile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Greer South Carolina (USA)
    Posts
    574
    Quote Originally Posted by caliaripaolo View Post
    The insane priced gears are normality here on audiophile domain.
    we want to mention the costs of Elrod cables, for instance ? (which, as you know, I have and love a lot).
    I use Entreq boxes and since I think you have an open mind to try, I invite you to test a Poseidon connecting 2 negative terminals of your power amplifier and the third to one spare connector of your Pre-amplifier.
    Only at that point will you be able to figure out if the price you will pay will be right for the improvement you get. This is the game in our hobby.
    Thanks...totally agree; I may try the Entreq when time and funds make themselves available. In the meantime, I've been very happy for years with my Granite Audio Ground Zero star-grounding box and for the last 2-3 years, Environmental Potentials Ground Filters installed in my whole house panel feed to my sub-panel and on the dedicated circuits themselves in my sub-panel. The combination of ground filters and star-grounding will be (IMHO) tough to beat. One other thing,...I have dual grounding rods on the house with CADWELD bonding employed to permanently bond large gauge solid copper ground leads to both rods. The total solution overall is what gets me the playback quality I enjoy today. It will be interesting to see if adding Entreq or Nordost grounding offerings would make any appreciable difference; Entreq is reported to be one of the best clearly, I personally wish they had a bit different appearance than the light wood cases but that's neither here nor there with respect to overall sound quality. Thanks for the recommendation!

  7. #27
    Addicted to Best! caliaripaolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Italia
    Posts
    281
    Quote Originally Posted by SCAudiophile View Post
    Thanks...totally agree; I may try the Entreq when time and funds make themselves available. In the meantime, I've been very happy for years with my Granite Audio Ground Zero star-grounding box and for the last 2-3 years, Environmental Potentials Ground Filters installed in my whole house panel feed to my sub-panel and on the dedicated circuits themselves in my sub-panel. The combination of ground filters and star-grounding will be (IMHO) tough to beat. One other thing,...I have dual grounding rods on the house with CADWELD bonding employed to permanently bond large gauge solid copper ground leads to both rods. The total solution overall is what gets me the playback quality I enjoy today.
    I absolutely had no doubts about it, I see your amazing system.


    Quote Originally Posted by SCAudiophile View Post
    Entreq is reported to be one of the best clearly, I personally wish they had a bit different appearance than the light wood cases but that's neither here nor there with respect to overall sound quality. Thanks for the recommendation!
    Yep, in my case it pairs well with the color of my Eidolons'. You are welcome.

  8. #28
    Addicted to Best!
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Cleveland Ohio
    Posts
    743
    Quote Originally Posted by SCAudiophile View Post
    Thanks...totally agree; I may try the Entreq when time and funds make themselves available. In the meantime, I've been very happy for years with my Granite Audio Ground Zero star-grounding box
    At least it's a real grounding system. But i guess the switches are to add background noise to taste.

    and for the last 2-3 years, Environmental Potentials Ground Filters installed in my whole house panel feed to my sub-panel and on the dedicated circuits themselves in my sub-panel.
    Are you sure that they are UL approved for the intended use? Them seem to only have a surge suppression rating.

    One other thing,...I have dual grounding rods on the house with CADWELD bonding employed to permanently bond large gauge solid copper ground leads to both rods.
    Nothing wrong with a well installed ground rod system, But it's there for safety, not day-to-day AC power quality.
    Kevin

  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    San Diego area
    Posts
    57
    And then there's this:

    http://www.foq.jp/foqhp_e/product/et01.html

    Not sure though about hum caused by "regurgitation" 🤣

  10. #30
    Addicted to Best! RogerD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    BiggestLittleCity
    Posts
    2,791
    There is no commercially produced grounding device made today that will get you where you need to be.
    Speakers: ParAcas Satellites ParAcas Dual 16 subwoofer Velodyne FSR18 Fulton Little Maestros Mission speakers
    Electronics: Agtron Platinum Mono Blocks Accuphase C200 preamp Accuphase P300 amplifer Parasound amplifier ParAcas Sierra electronic crossover
    Digital: Monarchy NM24 DAC Sony DVD Transport
    Tuner: McIntosh MR78
    Cables: NBS Statement,Pro,Master Cables, Nirvana Digital SPDIF Cable
    Turntable: Linn LP12 Technics 1200
    RTR: Ampex 350,351,440BC,MR70
    Studer C37 60hz,Crown 2-844,824

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vibration isolation for passive components eg ground boxes
    By spiritofmusic in forum General Audio Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-31-2017, 01:53 AM
  2. Entreq Ground Boxes Review
    By mauidan in forum General Audio Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-21-2016, 04:02 PM
  3. Vibrations and cable network boxes
    By PeterA in forum Audio Cable Forum
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 12-06-2014, 03:10 AM
  4. An entire hi-res system in two boxes...maybe 3...
    By Phelonious Ponk in forum Digital Audio Forum: DAC, Transports, Digital Processing
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-20-2010, 05:49 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •