Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: The new Magico M6, M Pro replacement

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] microstrip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CKKeung View Post
    Agree with Adam on Mac+Magico.

My friends visited that room a few times and said that the Passlabs Xs150 monos (at the back in the photo) weren't good partners of M6 as well.
    It is not clear from the photos - were they driving the amplifiers through preamplfiers or direct from DACs/CD players? What was the full system?
    Under construction around a pair of Wilson XLF's , Forsell Air Force One, ARC Phono 2SE and a DCS Vivaldi 2.0 stack : cj GAT + cj LP275m's, TA OPUS MM2 +TA XL digital, TA XL gen V power cables ...

I haven't heard the M6, but what kills me is they never talk about about anything except the enclosure. I've heard S7's back to back basically with the M3's... was clear thing was great improvements in the crossover because they were handled very differently by certain amps. I have to expect the M6 has also benefited from such developments.
    Industry Affiliation: Folsom

Quote Originally Posted by Folsom View Post
    I haven't heard the M6, but what kills me is they never talk about about anything except the enclosure. I've heard S7's back to back basically with the M3's... was clear thing was great improvements in the crossover because they were handled very differently by certain amps. I have to expect the M6 has also benefited from such developments.
    Yes, Magico discusses the enclosure, but they also discuss driver technology and the crossover, both the design and the parts. Perhaps the latest generation of advances is more in the enclosure, but there was quite a bit of discussion about the drivers and crossovers with earlier models. There is also discussion about the footers and the difference they make.
    My system link on WBF: http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showth...-Sublime-Sound
    Analog: SME 30/12, SME V-12, My Sonic Labs Signature Gold, AirTight Supreme, VDH Colibri Platinum, MINT LP protractor
    Electronics: Pass Labs XA160.5 amp, XP-20 preamp, XP-25 phono, Cables: Transparent REF XL MM2,
    Speakers: Magico Mini II, Essentials: Jim Smith RoomPlay, 3 Vibraplanes, Dedicated circuits

I seem to magically miss it or something... I don't see anything on their website ever about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Folsom View Post
    I seem to magically miss it or something... I don't see anything on their website ever about them.
    That is curious. Try these links found with a simple Google search for Magico and look at the M Pro page where the tweeter is discussed and under the "technology" tab right on their main website page. There are sections specifically addressing driver and crossover technology. Alon Wolf also discusses technology in the sidebar sections of reviews in TAS. Early on there was a lot of discussion about cost and how it related to parts cost and manufacturing. They have made a pretty big deal about their diamond coated berrylium tweeter and the copper mounting rings between drivers and cabinets.

http://magico.net/product/mproject.php

http://magico.net/technology/crossovers.php
    My system link on WBF: http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showth...-Sublime-Sound
    Analog: SME 30/12, SME V-12, My Sonic Labs Signature Gold, AirTight Supreme, VDH Colibri Platinum, MINT LP protractor
    Electronics: Pass Labs XA160.5 amp, XP-20 preamp, XP-25 phono, Cables: Transparent REF XL MM2,
    Speakers: Magico Mini II, Essentials: Jim Smith RoomPlay, 3 Vibraplanes, Dedicated circuits

It's out there. But it is weird how several product on their site seems to be nothing more than pictures & basic specifications. I guess I've been looking at the wrong ones if I want more information. Impedance graphs would be nice. Maybe it's just all my impression and high curiosity.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678