Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: The new Magico M6, M Pro replacement

Does anyone know if the new M6 is at Munich? I had assumed the "05.17" was a reference to a launch at the Munich High End show, but perhaps it was just an announcement about when information about the new speaker was going to be released.
    My system link on WBF: http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showth...-Sublime-Sound
    Analog: SME 30/12, SME V-12, My Sonic Labs Signature Gold, AirTight Supreme, VDH Colibri Platinum, MINT LP protractor
    Electronics: Pass Labs XA160.5 amp, XP-20 preamp, XP-25 phono, Cables: Transparent REF XL MM2,
    Speakers: Magico Mini II, Essentials: Jim Smith RoomPlay, 3 Vibraplanes, Dedicated circuits

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    I haven't seen it.
    Disclosure:
    Alma Music and Audio - La Jolla, CA
    ADL/Furutech - Aqua Hi-Fi - Audio Research - Audioquest - Audionet - Audiopax - Auralic - Aurender - Avantgarde - Bergmann - D'Agostino - darTZeel - DEQX - ELAC - ENIGMAcoustics - Evolution Acoustics - Hegel - iFi - IsoTek - Kii Audio - Koetsu - Kronos - Kubala Sosna - Kuzma - Linn - MSB Technology - Music Hall - Ortofon - Solid Steel - Sound Galleries Music Server - Wharfedale - YG Acoustics
    [ http://almaaudio.com ]

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyF View Post
    Al, that is correct.
    I also do not think it was upstream gear that elicited the sound I heard, since I heard the same issue on other occasions and with completely different upstream gear feeding the Magico's.
    BTW, I totally agree with you in regards to the fact that some instruments sound hard...particularly those that are of the brass orientation. This is not what I am talking about at all, since I feel it is a major failing if the speaker cannot reproduce this sound!
    Dave, the M3 was the first Magico I'd heard in a long time without the treble sharpness.

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! Elberoth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
    Does anyone know if the new M6 is at Munich? I had assumed the "05.17" was a reference to a launch at the Munich High End show, but perhaps it was just an announcement about when information about the new speaker was going to be released.
    No, not even on display.
    Adam

Speakers: Magico M3
    Amp: MSB M202
    Digital: Lampi Golden Gate DSD only + Lampi DSD Komputer server
    Cables: AudioQuest WEL Signature IC / Shunyata Anaconda Z-Tron SC

Very good dual meaning advertising. It got everyone excited. Round 2 will now start when it comes to seeing the M6 in the flesh,
    Source:TW Raven AC-3 - Thales Simplicity II, Exclusive P3 & P10, Technics SL-1000MK3D, Linn LP12 - Naim ARO
    Cartridges: Lyra Atlas, Delos, Dynavector XV-1s, Technics EPC100mk4, Ortofon A90, GM Royal, GM Classic, Denon DL-S1, ESC'd 103R, Audio Tech AT25, OC9II, Linn ESC'd Troika
    Phono Stage: TW Acustik/Thoress phono, Accuphase C-37, Esoteric E-03 EQ: ​​DEQX HDP-4
    Preamp: cj GAT, Amps: cj teflon premier 8a's, D'Agostino Momentum Stereo, Speakers: Wilson Maxx3 -Townsend Supertweeters

Quote Originally Posted by KeithR View Post
    Dave, the M3 was the first Magico I'd heard in a long time without the treble sharpness.
    Interesting. I have not heard the M3's. I wonder how they have done away with the problem??

Quote Originally Posted by KeithR View Post
    Keith, are you talking about the Q and S series, or do you include the older M5, Mini, V2 and V3? Could you be a bit more specific? I do agree that the tweeter of the M Pro, and I assume M3, is very different sounding that the Q series and first generation of S series.
    My system link on WBF: http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showth...-Sublime-Sound
    Analog: SME 30/12, SME V-12, My Sonic Labs Signature Gold, AirTight Supreme, VDH Colibri Platinum, MINT LP protractor
    Electronics: Pass Labs XA160.5 amp, XP-20 preamp, XP-25 phono, Cables: Transparent REF XL MM2,
    Speakers: Magico Mini II, Essentials: Jim Smith RoomPlay, 3 Vibraplanes, Dedicated circuits

Keith, are you talking about the Q and S series, or do you include the older M5, Mini, V2 and V3? Could you be a bit more specific? I do agree that the tweeter of the M Pro, and I assume M3, is very different sounding that the Q series and first generation of S series.
    Yes, I am talking Q and Sv1 series - although I did hear the S5 on Constellation once which reduced the effect (and Constellation is known to be tame at the extremes). I heard the M3 on Soulution and wasn't bothered by the treble at all. I look forward to hearing the S3v2 at LAAS in two weeks.

But also, Davey comes from SFs on tubes - that's a totally different sound. Its also not just the extension, but the shape of the treble curve.

VIP/Donor [WBF Founding Member] ack's Avatar
    I heard the M3 extensively recently and I thought the tweeter was out-of-this-world good, very powerful, very well integrated with the rest of the speaker, and evident even at a close distance. It probably matched the seamless integration in the M Project
    Sources: mod. VPI Aries 3;mod. JMW 10.5i/Ortofon A90;mod. Pass XP-25;Spectral 3000SL xport/mod. Alpha DAC;mod. Magnum Dynalab Etude;mod. Revox B-77II Amplification: Spectral DMC-30SV/DMA-400RS Speakers: Heavily mod. MartinLogan (custom Mundorf xover, cabling, woofers; structural mods);mod. REL Cabling: MIT Oracle 50ic,MA-X/Oracle 90.1 Power: MIT Z-Strip, Magnum Z-Trap; Shunyata Black Mamba CX HC cords, Typhon Tweaks: EAR Isodamp c1002 References: Live unamplified music
    System link WBF

Did anybody ask the Magico reps why the M6 was a no show?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456