CH Precision A1 VS Viva Aurora mono

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
I also want to visit the CH ambassador oneday ... and may be he can cook me a resotto too :eek:.

Tang

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Hi Brad

Maybe if we ask Gian very nicely, he allows us to visit him and see if we also fall for the CH vibe... :eek:
I think it's about a 2-3 hours drive from my place

That's an idea...what do you think Gian, could Christoph and I visit you sometime? You are of course welcome to come visit as well

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Sure,
who want to come is welcome
I live 40 minutes from Milan and 30 minutes from Como
I never listen Aries Cerat because in Italy there is no distributor and i don't remember if i listen in Munich last year

Tang you are welcome with your family
a 3 star restaurant,not risotto

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
The speaker with Audiotekne are

Audiotekne monovia carbon block with tweeter ALE DEP 1750

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
This is a very interesting evolution of your sonic preferences, Gian! I am a bit puzzled too (in the same way Morricab is puzzled).

rsorren1

Sep 6, 2013
Dallas area
Sure,
who want to come is welcome
I live 40 minutes from Milan and 30 minutes from Como
I never listen Aries Cerat because in Italy there is no distributor and i don't remember if i listen in Munich last year

Tang you are welcome with your family
a 3 star restaurant,not risotto

Gian60, don’t forget about your Italian friend here in the USA and fellow all CH Precision Owner RSORREN1! I’ll bet between us we can drink some great Italian vino !

I too made the switch from tubes to CH Precision. ARC Ref40th/Ref 210/MSB Diamond DAC.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
If I do a second system with solid stage, I will have a hard time choosing CH vs Dartz vs Vitus.

Tang

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
This is a very interesting evolution of your sonic preferences, Gian! I am a bit puzzled too (in the same way Morricab is puzzled).

Something for you to consider I guess. When such a tube guy switches I guess investigation is in order!

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Also from USA and Asia I would like to invite everybody because really all you are very nice and gentleman
I have no enoug money otherwise I will organize a flight charter from USA to Milan for all you
Non only music but visit also our place and eat good food

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
CH for me is a perfect match with my speaker
I listen normally at 0.5/1 watt because my speaker is 98 dB
But I listen also Steve Ray Vaughan and I saw in M1 display
828 peak watt and I saw one times drum record of Sheffield arrive at 1213 peak watt
Speaker was perfect with this power without any problem

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I sold last year to one my friend that like tube and triode and loves Kondo, my Kondo
M7 ksl phono GE1. And 2 Souga
Before I biamp Montagna with 2 Souga
Kondo Souga and Audiotekne mono TM 9502 are absolutely the best triode amp I listen and I had in my life,I never listen Aries Cerat.
My friend bought Montagna and will receive in December
Listen Montagna in my home with CH wanted to a test Kondo vs CH
He brought the 2 Souga in my home to compare with M1,I never did before because with money of Kondo sell I bought M1
We connect the 2 Souga to Wadia S71 without pre and then M1 with Wadia without pre
I have short cable to connect Souga and then M1 with pre and phono so we tried only Wadia directly
Wadia sound very well also without pre and in the instruction is written to use Wadia without pre,even if I prefer a little more with pre
The result
My friend already sold the 2 Souga and now is finding new amp

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
CH for me is a perfect match with my speaker
I listen normally at 0.5/1 watt because my speaker is 98 dB
But I listen also Steve Ray Vaughan and I saw in M1 display
828 peak watt and I saw one times drum record of Sheffield arrive at 1213 peak watt
Speaker was perfect with this power without any problem

98 = 1 watt
101 = 2 watts
104 = 4 watts
107 = 8 watts
110 = 16 watts
113 = 32 watts
116 = 64 watts
119 = 128 watts
122 = 256 watts
125 = 512 watts
128 = 1024 watts

Do you really listen with peaks of nearly 130db?? With two speakers you will get 3db more than what i calculated and even if you sit back quite aways we are talking well over 120db. That's kind of crazy.

Now, if your speakers are compressing strongly above, say 110db, then maybe we are 10db lowere but I never listen much above 100db except perhaps orchestral crescendos of 110db. I too have 98db speakers and I never once clipped my 30 watt Ayon or my 20 watt JJ on those speakers even listening to where I am uncomfortable with the level (because I should be getting over 110db with those 30 watts).

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
I sold last year to one my friend that like tube and triode and loves Kondo, my Kondo
M7 ksl phono GE1. And 2 Souga
Before I biamp Montagna with 2 Souga
Kondo Souga and Audiotekne mono TM 9502 are absolutely the best triode amp I listen and I had in my life,I never listen Aries Cerat.
My friend bought Montagna and will receive in December
Listen Montagna in my home with CH wanted to a test Kondo vs CH
He brought the 2 Souga in my home to compare with M1,I never did before because with money of Kondo sell I bought M1
We connect the 2 Souga to Wadia S71 without pre and then M1 with Wadia without pre
I have short cable to connect Souga and then M1 with pre and phono so we tried only Wadia directly
Wadia sound very well also without pre and in the instruction is written to use Wadia without pre,even if I prefer a little more with pre
The result

The Kondo and Audio Tekne amps are beautiful sounding but they are one what I would consider to be the more "romantic" side of SET...strong on finesse and subtlety tone but less adept when drive and punch are required...at least the models I have heard came across this way. Aries Cerat and a few others are a different species of SET animal. Less herbivore and more carnivore...if you understand my metaphor...

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
The result

How many units have you closed sales for the CH dealer in Italy Gian :D.

Just kidding my friend.
Tang

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
The Kondo and Audio Tekne amps are beautiful sounding but they are one what I would consider to be the more "romantic" side of SET...strong on finesse and subtlety tone but less adept when drive and punch are required...at least the models I have heard came across this way. Aries Cerat and a few others are a different species of SET animal. Less herbivore and more carnivore...if you understand my metaphor...

Hello morricab,

I am sorry for getting off topic. But just one question. I am using Ayon Titan and You are also using Ayon. What areas can I expect the Aries Cerat better the Ayon.

Kind tegards,
Tang

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I know that with 3 dB more you have double power
I tell you what I saw in M1 display
Sound was very very loud without distortion
Or is wrong the CH display

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Hello morricab,

I am sorry for getting off topic. But just one question. I am using Ayon Titan and You are also using Ayon. What areas can I expect the Aries Cerat better the Ayon.

Kind tegards,
Tang

Send me a PM and we can discuss this topic.

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
I know that with 3 dB more you have double power
I tell you what I saw in M1 display
Sound was very very loud without distortion
Or is wrong the CH display

I am sure that the CH display was correct but this means you like it AC/DC concert loud! :)

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I already told I listen music always with display at 0 watt or arrive Maximo at 1/2 watt
Sometimes I listen some At loud level
100/200 watt peak with blues and is good
When I listen chamber music Maximo I see 1 or 2 watt

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
98 = 1 watt
101 = 2 watts
104 = 4 watts
107 = 8 watts
110 = 16 watts
113 = 32 watts
116 = 64 watts
119 = 128 watts
122 = 256 watts
125 = 512 watts
128 = 1024 watts

Do you really listen with peaks of nearly 130db?? With two speakers you will get 3db more than what i calculated and even if you sit back quite aways we are talking well over 120db. That's kind of crazy.

Now, if your speakers are compressing strongly above, say 110db, then maybe we are 10db lowere but I never listen much above 100db except perhaps orchestral crescendos of 110db. I too have 98db speakers and I never once clipped my 30 watt Ayon or my 20 watt JJ on those speakers even listening to where I am uncomfortable with the level (because I should be getting over 110db with those 30 watts).

I can believe Gian story

Once was listening to Mahler with vivid Giya 1 and McIntosh 1.2kw

At friends and it hit 1000 watts in drum blow

We didn’t believe and repeated the music and my friend recorded it with his smartphone

Sure enough it hit 1000watts

There was an article in HFN years ago about musical fidelity view u needed 1000watts for music dynamics!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing