Getting the best sound from Computer Audio using AudiophileOptimizer

AudioDoc

Jun 7, 2016
I have been a Computer Audiophile for over 5 years, tried many tweaks to get the best sound from a PC to equal or surpass physical media (CD/Vinyl)
Started using AudioPhil's AudiophileOptimizer many years ago and have been upgrading my Audio-PCs with his application ever since I have started using his software to get the best sound from my Computer Audio setup.
AudioPhil asked me to be one of the closed beta testers for his latest release (which is available to the general public now).
Here is my review on the "final cut" that he has now released.

I was honored and fortunate to be asked by AudioPhil to be a part of the closed group of beta testers for what at the time would be his latest AudiophileOptimizer AO 2.20 beta 5, which is now a reality for those who have been waiting and I guess some of whom have been chomping at the bit for this remarkable update for the already universally accepted as the best software for computer audio.:)
There were several iterations of AudiophileOptimizer 2.20 beta 5, as the releases evolved and the tests and reporting kept improving by identifying few bugs and suggested tweaks to Phil, the excitement grew for the day when the computer audio enthusiasts will be able to experience what the testers were enjoying with outstanding sound quality and new unheard of features in Microsoft Windows Server core mode.
I will end my pre-amble and report on the unbelievable features and greatly improved sound quality.
From the early onset, I realized that Phil had placed his magical fingers on the keyboard and coded yet another improvement in SQ.
All my tests and evaluation were done on a dedicated Audio-PC running Windows Server 2016 Core mode, the new AudiophileOptimizer 2.20 beta 5 also works and improves sound quality for Windows 10, Windows Server 2012 R2 (GUI and Core) Windows Server 2016 (GUI and Core)
As the previews were sent to the team, there was always an improvement is SQ, more open, better imaging, wider, deeper soundstage, bass improvement over the previous general releases to the AudiophileOptimizer community.
When Phil sent a screen capture of the Control Panel in Windows Server 2016 core, that was the icing on the operating system, I had to comment to him, "Phil is this WASAPI in core?", he said yes, and not a word to anyone. I immediately imagined Roon finally on my audio-PC in full core mode.
Then he sent another preview with instructions on how to get to Device Manager in Windows 2016 core "devmgmt.msc" when Device Manager opened and I was able to expand all the devices, my immediate reaction was I can finally install troublesome drivers using the driver update in Device Manager, also I can finally see any and all device that may be showing "unknown" etc. and update the drivers.
In my estimation having the Control Panel and Device Manager in Windows Server Core, is definitely worth the price of admission to install and use AudiophileOptimizer 2.20 beta 5, best of all; the price of admission is "Gratis" for folks who are already purchased AO 2.10 or 2.20
How can any serious or non-serious computer audiophile let this new release pass them by. I don't think they can and I don't think they will.
Roon, HQPlayer and Tidal works flawlessly with this new release.
Roon will install and work without having to install Media Pack for Windows Server 2012, that is a big plus IMHO.
If you are running Windows O/S that is compatible with AudioPhil AudiophileOptimizer, download, install and enjoy. You will be glad you did, it will be music to your ears.:cool:

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Roon will install and work without having to install Media Pack for Windows Server 2012, that is a big plus IMHO.

This is incorrect. I am using WS2012 and it does require the media pack to use Roon as well as some other slight config changes.

I use AO with it and it is a very good upgrade

AudioDoc

Jun 7, 2016
This is incorrect. I am using WS2012 and it does require the media pack to use Roon as well as some other slight config changes.

I use AO with it and it is a very good upgrade

Upgrade to AO 2.20 Beta 5 and you will not need the Media Pack, you need to follow the instructions to install WASAPI.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing