Thread: 808 / 077 modules any good?

808 / 077 modules any good?

I am considering 3 preamplifiers with Internal MC phono stage. Is the burmester MC phono module competition for the best sepparate phono stages?

Any experience?

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! sujay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Socrates View Post
    I am considering 3 preamplifiers with Internal MC phono stage. Is the burmester MC phono module competition for the best sepparate phono stages?

Any experience?
    Hi, I have the Burmester 088 with the built in MC module. It is excellent. I am not sure whether it will stand up to the best but it is really good. In fact, as I speak, I am comparing it to the Esoteric E03 and it's definitely at par if not better than the E 03. But I don't think it's in the league of the Burmester 100 separate which is top shelf through and through....

Cheers

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Blog Entries

Any experience?
    Which are the other 3 preamps with built in? - is there Dartzeel in them? Or CAT?
    Audition recordings: Zero Distortion Link; Reference Components: Zero Distortion Link; Own: Lampi GG One-day-to-get: Apogee Scintilla, or a horn (with Tenor 75 OTL ), Preamp to be fit in to suit the gain and drive the power amp. Analog: TBD

I also consider Tidal Preos (solid state) and VacuŁm State RTP3d (tube). It has to be a balanced disign to drive my power amp wel (Pass XA100.5 silver wired Diy amp). My speakers Kharma Exquisite Reference.

Dartzeel looks like a Nice option to. Just like Soulution and Vitus. Cat is not a option (single ended design)

Blog Entries
    I also consider Tidal Preos (solid state) and VacuŁm State RTP3d (tube). It has to be a balanced disign to drive my power amp wel (Pass XA100.5 silver wired Diy amp). My speakers Kharma Exquisite Reference.
    I think morricab on this forum has experience with RTP3
    Audition recordings: Zero Distortion Link; Reference Components: Zero Distortion Link; Own: Lampi GG One-day-to-get: Apogee Scintilla, or a horn (with Tenor 75 OTL ), Preamp to be fit in to suit the gain and drive the power amp. Analog: TBD

Sujay. I was told the module in the 077 is the same as the 100. But the separate power supply makes the 100 even better.
    I had a BAT vkp10se
    And Clearaudio balanced reference
    It had to be a upgrade compacter to these phono stages. Playing with Lyra Titan. AND a state of the art volume control/preamp.

Blog Entries
    Sujay. I was told the module in the 077 is the same as the 100. But the separate power supply makes the 100 even better.
    I had a BAT vkp10se
    And Clearaudio balanced reference
    It had to be a upgrade compacter to these phono stages. Playing with Lyra Titan. AND a state of the art volume control/preamp.
    I liked the 100 much more than the Arc Ph7 (though AT has much better phonos, that was my compare

I have sent Morricab a Friend request massage. Don't know hoe to get in contact with him directly. His advise would be welcome. Any advise with experience with on of these amps is very welcome.

Found out. My phone is not working. But sent him a private massage. Thanks bonzo.