808 / 077 modules any good?

Socrates

Mar 21, 2017
I am considering 3 preamplifiers with Internal MC phono stage. Is the burmester MC phono module competition for the best sepparate phono stages?

Any experience?

sujay

Member Sponsor
May 5, 2012
Singapore
I am considering 3 preamplifiers with Internal MC phono stage. Is the burmester MC phono module competition for the best sepparate phono stages?

Any experience?

Hi, I have the Burmester 088 with the built in MC module. It is excellent. I am not sure whether it will stand up to the best but it is really good. In fact, as I speak, I am comparing it to the Esoteric E03 and it's definitely at par if not better than the E 03. But I don't think it's in the league of the Burmester 100 separate which is top shelf through and through....

Cheers

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Any experience?

Which are the other 3 preamps with built in? - is there Dartzeel in them? Or CAT?

Socrates

Mar 21, 2017
I also consider Tidal Preos (solid state) and Vacuüm State RTP3d (tube). It has to be a balanced disign to drive my power amp wel (Pass XA100.5 silver wired Diy amp). My speakers Kharma Exquisite Reference.

Socrates

Mar 21, 2017
Dartzeel looks like a Nice option to. Just like Soulution and Vitus. Cat is not a option (single ended design)

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I also consider Tidal Preos (solid state) and Vacuüm State RTP3d (tube). It has to be a balanced disign to drive my power amp wel (Pass XA100.5 silver wired Diy amp). My speakers Kharma Exquisite Reference.

I think morricab on this forum has experience with RTP3

Socrates

Mar 21, 2017
Sujay. I was told the module in the 077 is the same as the 100. But the separate power supply makes the 100 even better.
I had a BAT vkp10se
And Clearaudio balanced reference
It had to be a upgrade compacter to these phono stages. Playing with Lyra Titan. AND a state of the art volume control/preamp.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Sujay. I was told the module in the 077 is the same as the 100. But the separate power supply makes the 100 even better.
I had a BAT vkp10se
And Clearaudio balanced reference
It had to be a upgrade compacter to these phono stages. Playing with Lyra Titan. AND a state of the art volume control/preamp.

I liked the 100 much more than the Arc Ph7 (though AT has much better phonos, that was my compare

Socrates

Mar 21, 2017
I have sent Morricab a Friend request massage. Don't know hoe to get in contact with him directly. His advise would be welcome. Any advise with experience with on of these amps is very welcome.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing