Tunnel collapses at Hanford nuclear waste site in Washington state

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ton-state-reports-say/?utm_term=.44c2fc28a850

This is not news about a new TV technology, not a new Blu-ray player, not a new movie in 4D (holographic), not about the FBI, ...it is news that I feel concern about.

Out of all the new news today that one got my attention, as a planet Earth citizen (human) living among other humans. Russia, Japan ... we know what happened, disasters. ...Deadly radio-active disasters that remain and will remain for a very long time...the next generations will inherit.

This is closer to home, USA. ...And not many miles from me, and from the people living around me, many. It's not happy news, it's not good news.
_____

"The site was built during World War II and made the plutonium for most of the U.S. nuclear arsenal, including the bomb dropped on Nagasaki, Japan, at the end of the war."
_____

This morning I exercised my citizen right, I went voting. I've only heard of it later. What does voting has got to do with it? Nothing, and everything.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing