Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Have you heard the new WAMM? Any good?

Bump! Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by GaryProtein View Post
    For that kind of timing (2 microseconds stated in the video), by definition and by virtue of the exact placements for timing of all the drivers, you must have your head in a vise.

This is the threshold for summing localisation, in fact all stereophony uses this effect, so the large speaker will sound like one driver from one location

what we are i believe talking about here is a dirac impulse of one speaker which is very large summing within the 2 micro sec

Given sound travels 0.000686 metres at 20C in 2 microsecond

The question is how far must you move your head for this effect to dissipate

Given a 2 metre tall speaker at 3 metres, the threshold is 50 microsecond for speech and 100 microsecond for Music

So 50/2 x 3/2x 0.000686 metres = 30 centimetres or 1 foot, and up to 2 feet or 60cm for pure Music...

Not exactly a vise!

If the true cone driver centres greatest distance apart is more like 1.5 meters:
    would be 40cm and 80cm respectively
    Last edited by awsmone; 03-11-2018 at 09:19 PM.
    "An audiophile is only done when they go to the great brick and mortar store in the sky"

[/B]

Here´s the WAMM in action:

Quote Originally Posted by Narayan View Post
    Here´s the WAMM in action:
    Holy smokes! I would love to hear them in person. Even through a youtube video it is apparent those speakers are truly something special. F'n A.
    —Bob Vineyard, aka bobvin

My system: Benz LPS, Einstein Turntables' Choice phono-pre (dual mono version), AMG v12 turntable, dCS Rossini DAC, Audio Research Ref10 pre, Audio Research Ref75 amp w.KT150 tubes, Wilson Alexia speakers. Transparent Ref MM2 & Gen5 signal cables, Shunyata Zitron Sigma, AlphaNR, Python, Anaconda, Cobra power cables. Shunyata Hydra Triton v3. Stillpoints. HRS. Acoustic environment optimized by Dr. Bonnie Schnitta of SoundSense.

Those two videos were amazing. To hear these in person is a dream only achieved by a few. I am certain a few have been granted access!
    Source Esoteric K-01X
    Preamp Audio Research Reference 10
    Amplifier D'Agostino Progression monoblocks
    Cables Transparent Audio Super I/C's and Reference Gen 5 speaker cables
    Speakers Wilson Audio Maxx 3
    Isolation racks and shelves and amplifier stands HRS
    Room treatment Vicoustics
    Power Transparent Power isolator for front end equipment with Transparent power cords

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Still my best and most impressive audio demo ever. WAMMs and D'Agostino amps. I don't think any YouTube video can do that system justice, as it was just so viscerally impactful that it's just physically impossible. You just had to be there.
    Disclosure:
    Alma Music and Audio - San Diego, CA
    Air Tight - Aqua Hi-Fi - Audio Research - Audioquest - Audiopax - Auralic - Aurender - Bergmann - Brodmann - D'Agostino - darTZeel - Devialet - DEQX - ELAC - Evolution Acoustics - Hegel - iFi - Innuos - IsoTek - Kii Audio - Koetsu - Kubala Sosna - Kuzma - Larsen - MSB Technology - Music Hall - Ortofon - Roon - Solid Steel - Sound Galleries Music Server - Technics - Wharfedale - Wilson Audio - YG Acoustics
    [ http://almaaudio.com ]

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! still-one's Avatar
    I had to chuckle at myself as I listened to a Plus Million Dollar set-up from youtube via my MacBook Pro's speakers. Would like to hear them in person.
    Jim
    Speakers:Alexandria X2- Series 2, AMP''s-D'Agostino Momentum M-400's, Pre-Amp:D'Agostino Momentum Phono Stage Esoteric E-03 Sources :dCS Rossini & clock , SME 20/3, Cabling/Interconnects:Transparent Opus SC and Interconnects, Power Delivery Shunyata Denali

Still can't help thinking of "Return of the WAMM" to the 1990s R&B song.

Quote Originally Posted by asiufy View Post
    Still my best and most impressive audio demo ever. WAMMs and D'Agostino amps. I don't think any YouTube video can do that system justice, as it was just so viscerally impactful that it's just physically impossible. You just had to be there.
    I can only imagine that experience Alex. I heard first hand about the WAMM from Bill Peugh. It was basically no matter what Wilson one owns larger to smaller, once you hear the WAMM there is no comparison.
    Source Esoteric K-01X
    Preamp Audio Research Reference 10
    Amplifier D'Agostino Progression monoblocks
    Cables Transparent Audio Super I/C's and Reference Gen 5 speaker cables
    Speakers Wilson Audio Maxx 3
    Isolation racks and shelves and amplifier stands HRS
    Room treatment Vicoustics
    Power Transparent Power isolator for front end equipment with Transparent power cords

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp 1080 View Post
    I can only imagine that experience Alex. I heard first hand about the WAMM from Bill Peugh. It was basically no matter what Wilson one owns larger to smaller, once you hear the WAMM there is no comparison.
    I'd go further. To me, nothing compares, period. Whatever Dave (and Daryl) did on that one, I sure hope they can do similarly, at lower price points

Or maybe, since I know Bill is reading, they might find useful to show them here in Southern California... In which case, our showroom is always ready and available to receive them! :P

cheers,
    alex
    Disclosure:
    Alma Music and Audio - San Diego, CA
    Air Tight - Aqua Hi-Fi - Audio Research - Audioquest - Audiopax - Auralic - Aurender - Bergmann - Brodmann - D'Agostino - darTZeel - Devialet - DEQX - ELAC - Evolution Acoustics - Hegel - iFi - Innuos - IsoTek - Kii Audio - Koetsu - Kubala Sosna - Kuzma - Larsen - MSB Technology - Music Hall - Ortofon - Roon - Solid Steel - Sound Galleries Music Server - Technics - Wharfedale - Wilson Audio - YG Acoustics
    [ http://almaaudio.com ]

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast