Have you heard the new WAMM? Any good?

metaphacts

Industry Expert
Feb 1, 2011
Lower Provo River
Thanks.

Can you ask what was the system that was being used with the WAMM´s?

Not to steal Struan's thunder, but the system played during training consisted of

UltraMaster Tape Recorder (30ips 2 Track)
Basis TT/ Vecteur Arm/ Lyra Etna
Vivaldi Stack
ARC REF10 Phono
VTL 7.5 Pre
D'Agostino M400 Amps

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Master Subsonics are designed specifically for the WAMM using different drivers (3) and enclosures.

Wow...way cool. What are the basic specs/dimensions? Any photos by any chance? Would love to see...curious as to what the combined footprint looks like.

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
Here we go. Some great pics here and a visit to David Wilson's place,

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?52652-OMG-Life-Will-Never-Be-The-Same-Again-I’ve-Just-Been-Wammed!

There you go Lloyd

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
I get a kick out of seeing that ultra modern speaker surrounded by all that 1980's mauve furniture and drapery.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

gshelley

Member Sponsor
Jan 10, 2011
Austin, TX
Lloyd,
Really like what you've created. Beautiful job and a great inspiration to bring aesthetics into the mix. Is the back open on your rack? Wondering about heat with the glass doors.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Lloyd,
Really like what you've created. Beautiful job and a great inspiration to bring aesthetics into the mix. Is the back open on your rack? Wondering about heat with the glass doors.

Thank you. It makes a big difference (to us) that the system not only sounds great, but looks great in the room. Appeals to more of the senses i suppose. Yes, the back is open (against the wall...the lower shelves have a slanted panel so that heat dissipates up and out more quickly. We also have a glass 'wing door' on the sides of the cabinet about 7 inches wide that run flush from the edges of the back of the rack flush to the wall so the cables that stick out from the back slightly in that 7 inch space to the wall are slightly more hidden from view as well.

BMCG

VIP/Donor
Oct 1, 2016
United Kingdom
One of my dealer's reps was in Utah this past week...most intrigued to get his view on the WAMMs....

Love to see one make its way to London

metaphacts

Industry Expert
Feb 1, 2011
Lower Provo River
One of my dealer's reps was in Utah this past week...most intrigued to get his view on the WAMMs....

Love to see one make its way to London

It was a great group of guys who visited us for our Wilson Way - Wilson Audio Training. I don't know who your rep is but the all European group really enjoyed Wilson Audio and Utah.

Right now we are just trying to keep up. WAMM production is sold out through early-mid 2018.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
It was a great group of guys who visited us for our Wilson Way - Wilson Audio Training. I don't know who your rep is but the all European group really enjoyed Wilson Audio and Utah.

Right now we are just trying to keep up. WAMM production is sold out through early-mid 2018.

Are you guys still accepting orders from your dealers for the Wamm ?

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
I think they are too tall for my current space. Wamm's would require a new house purchase too. That is a few years away. My next house requirements are 4-6 car garage and room for wamms. :D

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I think they are too tall for my current space. Wamm's would require a new house purchase too. That is a few years away. My next house requirements are 4-6 car garage and room for wamms. :D

+1

mauidan

Member Sponsor
Aug 2, 2010
Pukalani, HI

WAMM.jpg
From WA FB page: Dave Wilson and Pedro Jorge Luis. Pedro is the UK sales manager for Absolute Sounds which distribute Wilson Audio in the UK. He is one of the most experienced hi fi calibrates in the world when it comes to Wilson.

metaphacts

Industry Expert
Feb 1, 2011
Lower Provo River
View attachment 34545
From WA FB page: Dave Wilson and Pedro Jorge Luis. Pedro is the UK sales manager for Absolute Sounds which distribute Wilson Audio in the UK. He is one of the most experienced hi fi calibrates in the world when it comes to Wilson.

Thanks Dan. Pedro is an old friend.

There were 4 guys here from the UK. Pedro is not the one referenced

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Pedro is an audio sage...incredibly talented, knowledgeable and hard working. He is the one people ask to fly out across continents because he really is that good. Plus, he is an absolutely first class human being. He set up our Wilsons (twice), helped us do the underfloor cabling with the big TA Opus Gen 5 speaker and Opus MM2 IC cables (which was no small feat). He even helped us out on our old Gryphon amp when it needed re-capping.

Thanks Dan. Pedro is an old friend.

There were 4 guys here from the UK. Pedro is not the one referenced

metaphacts

Industry Expert
Feb 1, 2011
Lower Provo River
Pedro is an audio sage...incredibly talented, knowledgeable and hard working. He is the one people ask to fly out across continents because he really is that good. Plus, he is an absolutely first class human being. He set up our Wilsons (twice), helped us do the underfloor cabling with the big TA Opus Gen 5 speaker and Opus MM2 IC cables (which was no small feat). He even helped us out on our old Gryphon amp when it needed re-capping.

That is indeed the Pedro I have known for decades. It was our great pleasure to have him visit us in Utah.

Last edited:

BMCG

VIP/Donor
Oct 1, 2016
United Kingdom

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing