What amp/ preamp combo has the most Gorgeous, Lifelike Tonality?

Bjorn

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Norway
Isn't this in reality yesterdays hifi approach?
Today we have both EQ and EQ plugins (like valve sound) that can alter the sound the way you want it. This can be implemented by pressing a button and remove it the same way.

Why lock oneself to one tonality or distortion and also pay a lot of money for it when it's possible to achieve something far more for far less combined with great flexibility.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Would love to hear the Koda 70 amp. (...)

Fortunately they are not available in my country. Except for price, they seem to fulfill all points of my check list for the ideal amplifier for the XLF ... :D

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Isn't this in reality yesterdays hifi approach?
Today we have both EQ and EQ plugins (like valve sound) that can alter the sound the way you want it. This can be implemented by pressing a button and remove it the same way.

Why lock oneself to one tonality or distortion and also pay a lot of money for it when it's possible to achieve something far more for far less combined with great flexibility.

Let us know how that goes for you Bjorn. I personally want to just listen and enjoy and not sit at a DAW with near field monitors. It is easy but not necessarily cheap nor enjoyable.

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Fortunately they are not available in my country. Except for price, they seem to fulfill all points of my check list for the ideal amplifier for the XLF ... :D

That is what I thought about the NAT Symbiosis SE but in the end it was not quite that way...close but no cigar....

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing