DMA-160 and WA Sasha Series 2

Console

Apr 17, 2017
Timbuktu ;)
Hi all,

I am using a DMA-180 with DMC-30 SL driving a WA Sasha 2 via Spectral cable loom. I have an unused and still boxed DMA-160 for offer from a collector for a very attractive price.

Not sure if I win something with 160 here besides having basically "a new mint looking machine"...
The 180 is running fine and has been refurbished 2 years ago. I can't find much things about experiences with the 160 anywhere... looks like there is the lowest amount of info on the 160.

Shall I go for the mint boxed DMA 160 or stay with 180? The price for the 160 is 3.2k Dollars! Has anyone ever had or compared both amps?

Best and thanks
Console

Last edited:

dan31

Jul 22, 2010
SF Bay
I believe the DMA-180 is considered the better amplifier. Since you are happy with the sound you are getting and the unit has been recently serviced is should be fine to hold onto it until a DMA-260 or better comes along.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
I would agree, and I would stay away from the 150 or 160

dan31

Jul 22, 2010
SF Bay
I have the 260 and use it with Harbeth M40.1. The M40.1 is a lower sensitivity speaker but an easy load, especially compared to most Wilson Audio speakers. Ack has used the 360 mono block and now has the very best DMA-400.

The 260 is plenty for me as I listen around 80 db. If I had Wilson speakers and listened at higher volume (>90 db) to dynamically demanding classical I would opt for the DMA-360 series II. I believe the series II update to the 360 was welcomed and well received.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing