Rhapsody ----> Goldmund New York

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Greetings,

Rhapsody is going to be doing a build-out of our existing space in Manhattan which will
become Goldmund New York. We just opened up the first Goldmund only store in West Palm Beach. The NYC location will be the second location for a Goldmund only store and will have a theater as well as a two living room theater/short throw projector/2 channel listing environment.

As a result we are selling many pieces of our existing demo gear that is currently in our Rhapsody space so that we don't have to move the demo gear to the new Rhapsody location. Great savings are available on all of our demo units. You can see the list of for sale items here. You have to email me or pm for specific prices. http://rhapsody.audio/items-for-sale-dealer-demos-trade-ins/

RHAPSODY WILL CONTINUE TO OPERATE IN A NEW TBA ANNOUNCED LOCATION IN MANHATTAN......STAY TUNED. RHAPSODY WILL CONTINUE TO REPRESENT ALL OF THE NON GOLDMUND BRANDS IN THE NEW MANHATTAN LOCATION.

If anyone has any interest in any of our existing demos please pm me. I will not be answering questions regarding individual pieces in this post. We also will NOT be listing our demo items on Audiogon as we do not think it is appropriate to do this with respect to the manufactures that Rhapsody represents.

PM if interested....thank you in advance for your consideration.
1.jpg 2 (2).jpg 3.jpg 4 (2).jpg

Last edited:

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
I must admit that it's a bold and gutsy move with 2 stores so far apart. Goldmund is certainly a brand that is long respected and revered

Actually Jakub, the new owner of the West Palm Beach Goldmund store and I are working very closely together. A LOT of NYers' bounce back and forth between NYC and West Palm. Jakub has actually been building incredible theaters around the globe (India, Greece, Russia) for a few decades now. He did the West Palm store and will be doing the renovation of the NY Goldmund store as well.

Here are a few pics of the theater from the WP store, which we will be cloning for the NY store.

IMG_3698.JPG IMG_3694.JPG

IMG_3649.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3700.JPG
    IMG_3700.JPG
    19.2 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_3699.JPG
    IMG_3699.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Wow congrats Bob.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Last edited:

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
All the best Bob. I attended the Axpona show this year and dropped in on your exhibit. The Goldmund system sounded excellent.

Thank you, appreciate it. The room was pretty good for speakers just arriving direct from Switzerland, and now they are back over the pond:)

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Best wishes! Looking forward to watching your new venture grow.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio

metaphacts

Industry Expert
Feb 1, 2011
Lower Provo River
Greetings,

Rhapsody is going to be doing a build-out of our existing space in Manhattan which will
become Goldmund New York. We just opened up the first Goldmund only store in West Palm Beach. The NYC location will be the second location for a Goldmund only store and will have a theater as well as a two living room theater/short throw projector/2 channel listing environment.

As a result we are selling ALL of our existing demo gear that is currently in our Rhapsody space. Great savings are available on all of our demo units. You can see the list of for sale items here. You have to email me or pm for specific prices. http://rhapsody.audio/items-for-sale-dealer-demos-trade-ins/

If anyone has any interest in any of our existing demos please pm me. I will not be answering questions regarding individual pieces in this post. We also will NOT be listing our demo items on Audiogon as we do not think it is appropriate to do this with respect to the manufactures that Rhapsody represents.

PM if interested....thank you in advance for your consideration.
View attachment 32309 View attachment 32310 View attachment 32311 View attachment 32312

Kudos to you and MR. The dream is long overdue.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Best of luck, Bob!

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Congratulations on your new venture Bob, it seems you have committed to one amazing vision for listening.

I wish I could afford some of that demo gear you have ATM, absolutely awesome list. Made me wonder after having lived with some truly fabulous gear over the last few years that if you were to choose any of the non Goldmund gear you have up for demo currently to take home to live with you what that system would ultimately comprise of? Just curious what you would go for as a destination setup.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
I'm glad to see that your business is flourishing Bob! Hope to come and visit soon again :)

/ Marcus

Thank you Marcus, would enjoy another visit!!!

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Congratulations on your new venture Bob, it seems you have committed to one amazing vision for listening.

I wish I could afford some of that demo gear you have ATM, absolutely awesome list. Made me wonder after having lived with some truly fabulous gear over the last few years that if you were to choose any of the non Goldmund gear you have up for demo currently to take home to live with you what that system would ultimately comprise of? Just curious what you would go for as a destination setup.

Thank you. Honestly no idea. That's why I have had 20 different systems simultaneously at Rhapsody:) I could never be happy with "a destination system". Even prior to starting Rhapsody 17 years ago, when I was a "user" and not a store I usually had 3 systems going at one time. I like everything.....horns, electrostatics, Apogees, 20 different dynamic cone speakers. I'm easy and I am much more into the music personally at this point vs. the equipment.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Kudos to you and MR. The dream is long overdue.

Thank you. We have been talking about this for years now and it's finally come to fruition.....onward and upward:)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing