MIT Articulation Consoles

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
I had MIT MA-X Super HD speaker interfaces for a couple years sharing speaker time with Nordost Odin. Loved the MIT bass....treble not so much. The sound is more pure and refined with Odin in my system so I sold my MIT last fall. I found MIT treble to be almost sibilant at times depending on music of course.

mullard88

Jun 5, 2010
My last MIT IC purchase was the MA-X about 4 or 5 years ago. All I remember is that choosing among the impedances can make the music sound slow or fast.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Sawasdee,

I am using the ACC169 Biwire. Before that I had a pair of single wire Max SHD . I think the 169 is everything the Max SHD is with more refinement. They are excellent speaker cables regardless of people perception of their boxes. You already read their features in the review. What I like to add is 1) They dont throw out big soundstage by zooming in or expanding images. 2) Background is not black. Some very highend cables these days like to make black blackground. The 169 is quiet but not black. 3) More details and air than most of those with black backgound 4) They are terrible during the burn in period. Frustrating.

Another thing about MIT cable. I run 8 meters rca to the monos and 9 meters to the subs. I dont hear any difference comparing with 9 foot run.

Best cable I like is Siltech Tripple Crown though. It just cost too much to make long run like mine.

Best regards,
Tang

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
Long story short. The SHD interconnects are worth every penny and still my gold standard. The speaker articulation console? Not so much. Heard it at Overture last year with a full blown Spectral system and Magico S-7s. I preferred all settings "off". Far more natural sounding than with them on. Especially solo piano. Not sure I would buy it to pay for settings I would not use. Without the settings "on", it's probably similar if not identical to their excellent SHD Speaker cables at half the price, but this is only a guess.

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
The speaker articulation console? Not so much. Heard it at Overture last year with a full blown Spectral system and Magico S-7s. I preferred all settings "off". Far more natural sounding than with them on. Especially solo piano. Not sure I would buy it to pay for settings I would not use. Without the settings "on", it's probably similar if not identical to their excellent SHD Speaker cables at half the price, but this is only a guess.

I recently had the opportunity to find ( and purchased) a couple of ORACLE MA ( B version for Boulder and in general for high current fast amplifiers) single wire, which I compared with the MA-X.
I preferred MA-B. More natural sounding in my system.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Long story short. The SHD interconnects are worth every penny and still my gold standard. The speaker articulation console? Not so much. Heard it at Overture last year with a full blown Spectral system and Magico S-7s. I preferred all settings "off". Far more natural sounding than with them on. Especially solo piano. Not sure I would buy it to pay for settings I would not use. Without the settings "on", it's probably similar if not identical to their excellent SHD Speaker cables at half the price, but this is only a guess.

This matches my experience with the articulation consoles and Magico Q7 at my local dealer. I can't recall which exact speaker cable it was, but it had a huge box with many settings. I preferred all settings "off". The effect I heard reminded me of phase issues. The sound was most natural with settings turned off or at the lowest "poles of articulation". I have mentioned before that I asked the dealer about this "phase effect" with some MIT speaker cables I borrowed at home and they agreed with me, and could not really explain what was happening in the box and with the sound, but I later was told that the dealer was just "agreeing with the customer". Who knows?

At other times, in different systems, I have heard the MIT cables sound superb at the same dealership. The whole subject of MIT cables confuses the heck out of me.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing