What are the contenders for the Best Amplifier(s) for YG Speakers?

caesar

May 30, 2010
When you say "Clinical" could be another word for neutral fast, and detailed? I have Pass Labs with my Carmels. I'd consider Pass on the warmer side of neutral. I haven't heard Audionet in quite some time but, it was impressive from what I recall.

That damn audio vocabulary, again - It was his language. I hate to use the word neutral, unless speaking of Spectral, because that may confuse things as well....

Maybe this will be more helpful: order of his preference of amps and yg speakers from least to most: burmester, audio net, MSB. The first 2 did not have enough warmth and did not sound as "organic"... Of course, doesn't mean that someone else can't be in hog heaven with those other amps.

Also, in catching up on my audio reading, I saw a press release that the Japanese parent company of luxman has taken over the brand's distribution in the USA. I wonder if prices will now go up or down...

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
That damn audio vocabulary, again - It was his language. I hate to use the word neutral, unless speaking of Spectral, because that may confuse things as well....

Maybe this will be more helpful: order of his preference of amps and yg speakers from least to most: burmester, audio net, MSB. The first 2 did not have enough warmth and did not sound as "organic"... Of course, doesn't mean that someone else can't be in hog heaven with those other amps.

Also, in catching up on my audio reading, I saw a press release that the Japanese parent company of luxman has taken over the brand's distribution in the USA. I wonder if prices will now go up or down...

That makes sense, so he likes the class A liquid flow, so he will like Luxman at lower budget, and Vitus at higher budget. Your Kraft too. Burms I understand, but Boulder and Spectral are not like that, nor are Berning Quadratures, though they might lack a bit in midbass on the YG if not managed carefully.

audio.bill

May 27, 2013
Chicago suburbs
Luxman America's new direct distribution is currently in place. As you might expect by removing an entire level in the chain their retail prices have come down about 25% increasing their value and competitiveness significantly.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Luxman America's new direct distribution is currently in place. As you might expect by removing an entire level in the chain their retail prices have come down about 25% increasing their value and competitiveness significantly.

Which in the eyes of some silly audiophiles will make the brand sonically less as it is not priced enough.

x1992

Jul 9, 2016
Dallas
The prettiest I have heard with YG was with Veloce lithio monos and preamp. I have also heard Burmester and Audionet (of course). Veloce's lack of internet presence makes me doubt they are still with us, so great pressure may be applied in negotiating used price.

Mdp632

May 29, 2016
The prettiest I have heard with YG was with Veloce lithio monos and preamp. I have also heard Burmester and Audionet (of course). Veloce's lack of internet presence makes me doubt they are still with us, so great pressure may be applied in negotiating used price.

What did you think of the Audionet combination with YG?

x1992

Jul 9, 2016
Dallas
I can only be superficial and say is that tone of the midrange in the times I have heard YG with Audionet was too sterile for my taste.

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
I can only be superficial and say is that tone of the midrange in the times I have heard YG with Audionet was too sterile for my taste.

Thus my recommendation, in this particular situation, of the D'Agostinos, whose midrange is beyond reproach!

cheers,
alex

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing