Osborne Speaker Company Australia

John57

Sep 29, 2015
Melbourne, Australia
I encountered online for this first time today Osborne Speaker Company of Australia. This company make some uniques products that have received significant praise in their categories namely speakers, amps and CD/SACD players.

I was impressed by the speaker reviews from customers and reviewers and the design exercises with the 833 tube amplifiers.

I wonder if we have any customers or reviewers or trade who can share their experiences of this company and their products?

http://www.osbornloudspeakers.com.au/

John

Rodney Gold

Jan 29, 2014
Cape Town South Africa
I had their Epitomes with the bass towers in bubinga ...exceptional speakers , I was sorry I sold them for a pair of Meridian DSP 6000's
Very efficient , with the focal drivers mine had a figure of 96db with the towers
I ran it off many amps , including triamping with 3x11w T-amps run off a 12v battery.. went as loud and low as you might want .. beautifully finished. Designer Greg is nice guy and accessible

John57

Sep 29, 2015
Melbourne, Australia
G'day Rodney
Thanks for sharing mate, this seems typical of an owner review. They seem to be doing something special in their design and execution.
Are there any in the second hand market for you?

Rodney Gold

Jan 29, 2014
Cape Town South Africa
I bought them 2nd hand with blown tweeters for the princely sum of $1000 and spent a further $500 on new drivers with the assistance of Greg. I think they were the only pair in the country as they had been brought in by a fellow that emigrated here. I had them for about 2 years and a used set of the meridians came up .. bad move

Here is a pic of my setup at the time

John57

Sep 29, 2015
Melbourne, Australia
I bought them 2nd hand with blown tweeters for the princely sum of $1000 and spent a further $500 on new drivers with the assistance of Greg. I think they were the only pair in the country as they had been brought in by a fellow that emigrated here. I had them for about 2 years and a used set of the meridians came up .. bad move

Here is a pic of my setup at the time

Nice large room. What's the second speaker on the left? It seems that keeping the Osborne's was a good idea then, sorry to hear that you didn't. Are you located in Oz?
I didn't see your location... hope you don't mind me asking.

Rodney Gold

Jan 29, 2014
Cape Town South Africa
The epitome bass bins are the shorter ones , the main epitomes , the big ones .. there might be a meridian dsp 5500 in oak lurking against the wall behind the set of osborns on your right .. im sitting across the room in that pic .. its 6m x 8m .. these days I sit lengthways
Yeh , I was sorry I sold them... I tried to buy them back.. no dice...
I live in Cape town South Africa

John57

Sep 29, 2015
Melbourne, Australia
The epitome bass bins are the shorter ones , the main epitomes , the big ones .. there might be a meridian dsp 5500 in oak lurking against the wall behind the set of osborns on your right .. im sitting across the room in that pic .. its 6m x 8m .. these days I sit lengthways
Yeh , I was sorry I sold them... I tried to buy them back.. no dice...
I live in Cape town South Africa

Ahhh no wonder the reference to the having the only one in the country. I have a mate who's located there nearby Tinus Van de Merwe.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing