Not open for further replies.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Hmm, hard to declare who the "looker" is btwn the two

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
So, what's this I hear about a little tiff btwn Jon and Peter at Axpona?
With all the problems in the world today, these guys can't really be serious

Axpona 2017

Yesterday I watched a video:

In that video three panelists commented on their favorite rooms (sound) this year.
I did not see or heard about other stuff that is unimportant; do you have a link...just for curiosity, nothing else.
I'm looking for positive feedback on the state-of-the-art today in our audio/music world.

I also watched that video, from last year:

Everyone seems to be happy; all the audio manufacturers, representatives, dealers, writers, organizers, chroniclers, visitors, audiophiles, buyers, speakers, ...everyone is smiling and well behaved/civilized.

Are we missing things that we should know about, or are we all honestly informed on the audio state of the affairs so that our lives are normally enhanced towards the ultimate pursuit of sound/music happiness.

I am asking seriously, and in a general way. The full pristine audio picture is painted by the entire audio industry and all the people inside of it, including us, the music listeners who support a better world to all. :b

Cheers

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I feel a bit vindicated that Michael Fremer wrote in his post the exact same simple point I wrote about in my critique of Peter Breuninger's hyperbolic report about the Kronos:

"If Peter had limited his conclusion to the two other turntables with which he is very familiar then his review would have been intellectually honest. But because Peter goes on to state repeatedly that the Kronos is the best turntable available in the world today, even though he has not evaluated many of the other top turntables in the world today, he is the subject of this Introspection and Hyperbole Control Report."

Introspection and Hyperbole Control Report post #203
http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?18367-Introspection-and-hyperbole-control/page21

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
personally I think this thread should be deleted and we should just move along, nothing to see here.

nothing constructive can come from posting on this. it will just reflect badly on WBF.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
personally I think this thread should be deleted and we should just move along, nothing to see here.

nothing constructive can come from posting on this. it will just reflect badly on WBF.

Maybe we are the last of the Mohicans, Mike: as indicated in my previous post I believe this thread is a waste of time.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010

While I find the entire issue of Breuninger vs Valin, trivial at best, I don't see how reporting, discussing about or commenting on it would reflect badly on WBF.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
While I find the entire issue of Breuninger vs Valin, trivial at best, I don't see how reporting, discussing about or commenting on it would reflect badly on WBF.

Maybe this thread will go off topic after a few pages into discussing Kronos pro vs acoustic signature Invictus

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Maybe we are the last of the Mohicans, Mike: as indicated in my previous post I believe this thread is a waste of time.

+1!
Just found it - I will not come back to it. But surely I defend the freedom of speech.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Fine
Delete it
Maybe someone shouldn't have informed me of it
I have my own views of Valin and Breuninger
Interestingly, nothing in this incident makes me feel worse about them
That really is saying something

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
+1!
Just found it - I will not come back to it. But surely I defend the freedom of speech.

There were three of them, right: Chingachgook, Uncas and Hawkeye! And sure: I am glad as well that everybody is free to join (or not!).

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Fine
Delete it
Maybe someone shouldn't have informed me of it
I have my own views of Valin and Breuninger
Interestingly, nothing in this incident makes me feel worse about them
That really is saying something

This is on Facebook and other forums, so how does deleting in one place matter, I do not understand. People are free to participate or not.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Christian, how am I the drama queen?
It's others who want it swept under the carpet
That's more of a drama than reports/video
I'm not a fan of the hang it all out social media world, but hey, if I'm going to be plagued by it, it's got to apply in our hobby too
Or are we all to precious and snobby to demean ourselves?

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
This thread should be deleted. Human nature being what it is, it's almost as irresistible as slowing down to watch a traffic accident scene. But surely we can do better.

I was at Carnegie last night to hear two of the world's greatest pianists, Leif Ove Andsnes and Marc-Andre Hamelin perform works for 2 pianos by Mozart, Debussy and Stravinsky, including a rare performance of a two piano version of Le sacre du printemps (Rite of Spring). Two 9 ft Steinways, two phenomenal pianists, extraordinary music and performances, and the one and only Carnegie. Let's talk about that rather than a stupid spitting contest between numbskulls over turntables. Come home from that concert and try to turn on your humble system, no matter what it is. That might be worth talking about, although honestly, no real need for that either.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Christian, how am I the drama queen?
It's others who want it swept under the carpet
That's more of a drama than reports/video
I'm not a fan of the hang it all out social media world, but hey, if I'm going to be plagued by it, it's got to apply in our hobby too
Or are we all to precious and snobby to demean ourselves?

It's easy to slam people when they are not here to defend themselves. I have no opinion either way other than to say this thread is a waste of bandwidth. My opinion. Carry on.

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Doesn't Axpona have a cage fighting arena for just this situation?

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
This thread should be deleted. Human nature being what it is, it's almost as irresistible as slowing down to watch a traffic accident scene. But surely we can do better.

I was at Carnegie last night to hear two of the world's greatest pianists, Leif Ove Andsnes and Marc-Andre Hamelin perform works for 2 pianos by Mozart, Debussy and Stravinsky, including a rare performance of a two piano version of Le sacre du printemps (Rite of Spring). Two 9 ft Steinways, two phenomenal pianists, extraordinary music and performances, and the one and only Carnegie. Let's talk about that rather than a stupid spitting contest between numbskulls over turntables. Come home from that concert and try to turn on your humble system, no matter what it is. That might be worth talking about, although honestly, no real need for that either.

Wow, that does sound like it was great. Last night I was at the BSO watching Sophie Anne Mutter play Tchaikovsky's Violin Concerto (one of my favorites); it was wonderful, followed by Shostakovich's 6th Symphony which was also very enjoyable. Sitting in the first balcony close to the stage the sound was so rich and clean, very humbling for an audio enthusiast!

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada

Wow, that does sound like it was great. Last night I was at the BSO watching Sophie Anne Mutter play Tchaikovsky's Violin Concerto (one of my favorites); it was wonderful, followed by Shostakovich's 6th Symphony which was also very enjoyable. Sitting in the first balcony close to the stage the sound was so rich and clean, very humbling for an audio enthusiast!

Now this is ? news I love to hear more about. :cool:

Btw Ian, some suggested titles, for the pleasure of some eyes and ears. It comes in all types for all styles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing