Jon Valin versus Peter Breuninger, Round One

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
So, what's this I hear about a little tiff btwn Jon and Peter at Axpona?
With all the problems in the world today, these guys can't really be serious

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Puh-lease!

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
LOL

The best audiophile brawl in the world between two audio writers ( well one and a video clown )

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
WBF
Who's Best Fighter?
Who's Boastiest Fecker?
Who's Been Foolisher?

Seriously, if this is the best ultra violence the high end can serve up, I'd rather hang out with the Mob Wives on digital lifestyle tv
At least Ange and Rina got down'n'dirty for good reason, like their incarcerated mobster hubbies' characters being blackened by each other
Ahh, Ange, sweet Ange, the greatest "reality" tv star ever
Jon and Peter flapping at each other as to whether Kronos or AF is best? Get a life

Last edited:

Rodney Gold

Jan 29, 2014
Cape Town South Africa
and the winner according to my wife is the Crosley it ticks all the boxes

Does it play LPs? Yes.
Is it complicated to setup/operate ? No.
Can it be lifted and assembled with ease? Yes.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
If I was promoting this to rival Pacquio v Mayweather, my tag line would be
Jonathan "Is my ego too big in this?" Valin v Peter "WankerGate" Breuninger
How much per ticket on Pay Per View?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
I don't know Valin at all but used to consider the other guy as a friend. Given some of the BS he has pulled on me and others in the last year or so, I am surprised this hasn't happened before this. Maybe MF would like to chime in with more details. The genesis of this encounter is apparently quite interesting.

caesar

May 30, 2010
Incentives of reviewers (that don't align with their readers) aside, doesn't everyone have a best - based on their subjective interpretation of what sounds "real" to them in their own mind?

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
In all honesty I do not understand why we should pay any attention at all to such behavior. No promotion for our hobby in my view.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
C'mon, someone must have been eyewitness to this
A real Godzilla v King Kong moment, not as pretty, but prob as convincing

caesar

May 30, 2010
Acoustic signature Invictus

What about the Walker? He better be careful, or Mr. Walker will take that free sample away. Or not, as who else will market the walker tables?!? he just needs to add a new tweak to the walker, and "Sterile" Jon Valin will proclaim it best in the upcoming issue.

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
I think Valin has completely lost his patience with the audiophile world. Check his last few blog posts, the comments section... He's literally told people to "f*** off".

Oh, and videos, please :)

cheers,
alex

caesar

May 30, 2010
This is why I asked you on your analog thread

Sorry, I didn't pick up on it. But I am out of the loop. Catching up on my audio reading, Valin mentioned that some drunk got in his face in the mbl room and valin needed to be restrained by 3 people (his wife?, a younger chick he has been hanging out with recently ?, someone else?)... personally, valin looks old and shriveled, while "Great" Peter B. looks like a big man you would not want to see hot a senior citizen. I think valin got lucky he got restrained... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing