Sometimes, advertising gets it right

853guy

Aug 14, 2013
After Pepsi was universally mocked and derided for their Kendall Jenner spot, Heineken and the creatives at Publicis London decided to try to sell cool, refreshing drinks to people while actually acknowledging the cultural climate and the divergence of opinion that actually exists in the real world when not viewed through the eyes of a Kardashian. Yes, I work in advertising, and yes, it produces an untold amount of mind-numbing consumerist propaganda designed to make you feel bad about yourself so you'll go out and buy products to feel good about yourself again, but as far as ads go, this is pretty effective...

*Raises a glass*

Cheers!

853guy

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
The fix was in, when have you known a Brit to pass on beer ;)!

david

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010

WoW! ... Touching ..

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I used to drink Heineken in my youth (only one or two a day), when my palate wasn't fully developed. Since then I feel my taste has evolved. :b

I enjoyed watching the 'staged' video though.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
The video was so sweet and heartwarming :p :p but it was a trick.

I wonder if they would have stayed and talked over a pitcher of tap water or cherry Kool-Aide.

After they got to know each other, like many relationships, it would start to go down-hill because they would begin disappointing one another.

I'm just being realistic. Yes, Northstar, this was very staged.

The cynic has spoken! :) :)

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
Yes, it was clever, and very LONG too.

4:25 is an extremely long commercial most likely for something like a movie preview not television.

853guy

Aug 14, 2013
Yes, it was clever, and very LONG too.

4:25 is an extremely long commercial most likely for something like a movie preview not television.

You're an astute man, Gary.

Hence why this is in the Best Online and You Tube Videos Forum...!

853guy

Last edited:

853guy

Aug 14, 2013

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
..it likely won't be running during Super Bowl half time

853guy

Aug 14, 2013

853guy

Aug 14, 2013

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
So, so much truth in that commercial, staged or not. And quite thought provoking. Liked it!!

I wonder if this would work if the players were Amir and those he seems to so easily pi$$ off !!

It wouldn't end the same, trust me on that one

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing