Which transport for my Nagra HD DAC

ulf

Aug 9, 2010
Stockholm, Sweden
The price of the new Nagra HD dac X is a whopping 64000usd so one of the most expensive dac ever. I gather that the new dac is not an upgrade to my HD dac but a completely new beast.

pjwd

Jun 22, 2015
Brisbane
Ulf - on another thread Nagra advised they upgrade the HD to X for $5000 US - not sure how far it extends

I think you should do it and let us know if it is worth it :)

Phil

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
Ulf - on another thread Nagra advised they upgrade the HD to X for $5000 US - not sure how far it extends

I think you should do it and let us know if it is worth it :)

Phil
No, I think you mean the HD upgrade to the Tube DAC. It’s impossible to upgrade the HD DAC to the HD DAC X.
The Tube DAC is the new version of the HD DAC.

pjwd

Jun 22, 2015
Brisbane
No, I think you mean the HD upgrade to the Tube DAC. It’s impossible to upgrade the HD DAC to the HD DAC X.
The Tube DAC is the new version of the HD DAC.
Your quite right ... coincidentally my HD is winging its way to Switzerland right now for the upgrade:)
Phil

pjwd

Jun 22, 2015
Brisbane
Well have the upgraded HD DAC in the house but no thumb drive with usb driver . While I wait I thought I would check if any members know what card is in the unit and if the manufacturer has a download
Thanks
Phil

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
Well have the upgraded HD DAC in the house but no thumb drive with usb driver . While I wait I thought I would check if any members know what card is in the unit and if the manufacturer has a download
Thanks
Phil
Do you mean you have the Tube DAC?
As far as I know, Nagra does not provide firmware to the end customer. If it’s upgraded, it should have the latest firmware as well.

pjwd

Jun 22, 2015
Brisbane
Do you mean you have the Tube DAC?
As far as I know, Nagra does not provide firmware to the end customer. If it’s upgraded, it should have the latest firmware as well.
Surge 1
It was the usb to spidf card driver I needed and as usual nagra have responded quickly and sent a link so all is good.
I have the hd dac that has been upgraded to a similar level as the tube dac
Interestingly I did get a firmware upgrade via micro SD card on the hd dac so it does happen sometimes.
I have always wondered if the fgpa ever does reprogrammed in the field

Phil

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing