New Beemer!

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
After months of test rides, I had narrowed down the search to the following criteria:

1. Fit - had to be able to flat foot
2. Wanted an Adventure bike
3. Wanted something <500lbs. with low center of gravity.
4. Needed something comfortable with a little protection from the elements. I am riding in the PNW!

I have my Can-am Spyder RT-S for long distances, so this would be mainly commuting and around town with the occasional 100mi round trip.

Got a '17 BMW f700 GS (LC) - lowered chassis model. Had the following farkles put on it.

1. BMW/Touratech Lower/upper crashbars
2. Givi Airflow windshield
3. BMW Hand protectors
4. BMW Vario - saddlebags
5. BMW Skid plate
6. BMW Comfort seat

Can't say enough about this bike. It has ABS, Traction control, Riding modes (Street/Rain/Enduro), Heated grips, TPM and on-board computer.

BMW 1.jpg

BMW 2.jpg

BMW 3.jpg

Last edited:

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Hell yes! Great choice.

I can't wait to get another bike... the one thing I don't like is that WA requires helmets. Then again where I live isn't the best for safety... I miss MT for riding in town without a helmet.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Christian I think it had something to do with this,

helite-adventure-jacket-before-and-after-airbag-deployment.jpg

Very cool.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Congratulations, Bruce. It looks great!

JGlacken

Mar 4, 2011
Great bike, but I think the SL63AMG would be more to my liking!

Bruce B

Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Would that jacket lessened or prevented any of the injuries you sustained ?

I am assuming (big assumption), that it would have saved me from my chest injuries. The head injuries are another story!

Bruce B

Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Beautiful day in the PNW today, so I took a ride up to Snoqualmie Falls. Life is good......

Today 1.jpg

Today 2.jpg

Today 3.jpg

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing