Comparative Listening Tests

Status
Not open for further replies.

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR
Believe it or not, I was kinda' looking forward to an appearance from Amir.

Leif S

Industry Expert
Feb 13, 2015
California
www.vonschweikert.com

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR

In all seriousness, I'm glad Steve reopened this thread. It's been a bit of a knock-down drag-out thread at times but it had to be done in order to allow it to go to these depths.

I'm convinced that had the thread remained closed, it would have left everything hanging without reaching anything conclusive about various types. IOW, we all woulda' been right back at square one in the next thread and then the next, etc. etc.

So in the end I suspect this was a rather unusual but healthy thread that kinda' puts the pseudo science types on notice to some degree. At the very least, this thread is a permanent record that can now be refererenced any time when needed. As I'm sure it will be.

As a result, I suspect WBF is heathier for it and I suspect high-end audio in general will be too. Time will tell.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
To be clear, I have no intention of censoring anybody including those with whom I disagree. Again, my only intention for closing this thread is to preserve it as an unaltered permanent record of sorts. If anybody wishes to continue to dialogue about these matters, please open a new thread and reference anything therein to your heart's content.I have also stuck this thread so in the future it can be easily found

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing