Perfect 8 speakers?

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Anyone heard these and was impressed? I have heard their model "Point" and was very impressed when driven by all Ypsilon rig.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I wonder if they are really special glass. Someone recently posted thing about how glass isn't actually as bad for sound as you might think. Now make it very thick glass and realize it'll change the whole game.

Peter from AVshowrooms really likes the Cube setup.

The reaction to these different glass speakers is amusing in the reviews on Amazon. They are unlike the Perfect 8 however, as they're sealed and the only sealed ones in the Perfect 8 lineup seem to be bipoles.

To me I can't help but wonder if glass is quiet that expensive. I mean compare to all the employees needed to add all the layers of other speakers together, do the painting and finishing etc...

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
The reaction to these different glass speakers is amusing in the reviews on Amazon.

Yeah, I like this one:

I bought these to put in our newborn's nursery. We've been playing classical music because it is suppose to stimulate brain functionality. It seems to work stupendously. The child is only 8 weeks old and has told me that I'm a freaking moron for buying them.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
They sounded really nice on Ypsilon at Newport last year - very open, airy sound. Perhaps a bit restricted on dynamics/low end as I recall.

That said, I was completely dumbfounded by the price. There is no way that speaker is remotely worth 115k.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Anyone heard these and was impressed? I have heard their model "Point" and was very impressed when driven by all Ypsilon rig.
Heard the Point several times, not my kind of sound and I found the bass horrible and detached, not surprising given they're hybrid speakers with class d amps. My reaction to their Force wasn't any better the bass also never integrated with the rest.

davis

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
I wonder if they are really special glass. Someone recently posted thing about how glass isn't actually as bad for sound as you might think. Now make it very thick glass and realize it'll change the whole game.

Peter from AVshowrooms really likes the Cube setup.

The reaction to these different glass speakers is amusing in the reviews on Amazon. They are unlike the Perfect 8 however, as they're sealed and the only sealed ones in the Perfect 8 lineup seem to be bipoles.

To me I can't help but wonder if glass is quiet that expensive. I mean compare to all the employees needed to add all the layers of other speakers together, do the painting and finishing etc...

<<Peter from AVshowrooms really likes the Cube setup. >>...all the endorsement I need...where's my checkbook?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing