Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324

Thread: Zero Distortion: Apogee Duetta, Scintilla, and tussle with horns

[Industry Expert] Addicted to Best! DaveC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bonzo75 View Post
    I think the BD you are referring to is a driver? what Mani is referring to are horns designed by a guy named Bert from Holland
    It's both. BD Designs Swing generally contain AER BD drivers. If he scored a pair of Swing speakers for $5k my point is the drivers alone may cost more than that!
    Industry Affiliation:
    I own ZenWave Audio
    zenwaveaudio.com
    dave@zenwaveaudio.com
    Furutech Dealer

Greg now has a revised midrange planar driver crossoverless and new corrugated ribbon tweeter.
    They are the simply the most natural accurate dynamic transparent speaker I have ever heard inc. Maggie, Martin Logan, Sound Lab, Analysis Sudio and Apogeee

See Review by Kemper Holt https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nT_H_IEOVo

Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    BD Designs Swing generally contain AER BD drivers. If he scored a pair of Swing speakers for $5k my point is the drivers alone may cost more than that!
    My BD-Design Swing horns contained a BMS mid/high coaxial horn driver and a single BD-Design 15" bass driver in each speaker. 'AER' and 'BD-Design' are two totally separate companies AFAIK.

Mani.
    Main system: Phasure Mach II audio PC (for XXHighEnd @24/705.6) -> Phasure NOS1 G3 DAC -> Thöress/Elrog 300B mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horn speakers
    Office system: 28-thread audio PC (for HQPlayer @24/705.6) -> Phasure NOS1 G3 DAC -> 'The Truth' preamp -> Consonance/Elrog 211S monos -> Impulse H2 horn speakers
    Needle drops: Townshend Rock, London (Decca) Reference, Technics SP10, Benz LP-S, Thöress Phono Enhancer, Prism AD124, Einstein LITD power amp, AKG K-1000 headphones

[Industry Expert] Addicted to Best! DaveC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by manisandher View Post
    My BD-Design Swing horns contained a BMS mid/high coaxial horn driver and a single BD-Design 15" bass driver in each speaker. 'AER' and 'BD-Design' are two totally separate companies AFAIK.

Mani.
    Yes, they are definitely 2 different companies. I've heard the BMS coax CDs, they were pretty good but the AER drivers are better imo.
    Industry Affiliation:
    I own ZenWave Audio
    zenwaveaudio.com
    dave@zenwaveaudio.com
    Furutech Dealer

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324