Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Taking a sagacious walk into the Wilson family From many years of ESL life

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharp 1080 View Post
    When I assembled my 5.1 system I used WP/7's in the front and Sophia in the rear channels. I could hear a slight difference, not a huge change as some would like to make it out to be. I sold the WP/7's and now Maxx 3's are in the fronts. The Maxx 3's are perfect in my room. I still own the Sophia's!
    Nice do you listen to multichannel classical?
    Audition recordings: Zero Distortion Link; Reference Components: Zero Distortion Link; Own: Lampi GG One-day-to-get: Apogee Scintilla, or a horn (with Tenor 75 OTL ), Preamp to be fit in to suit the gain and drive the power amp. Analog: TBD

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo75 View Post
    Nice do you listen to multichannel classical?
    Hi Bonzo, Classical is what got me into multi channel. I didn't like the popular mixes as they were mixed with instruments in all of the speakers which took me back to 4 channel discrete days. I was curious, so I purchased one of the 2L discs, and then two DTS discs Shostakovich and Wagner. The 2L disc does have some tracks with surround instruments but actually recorded that way and not mixed post production.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharp 1080 View Post
    Hi Bonzo, Classical is what got me into multi channel. I didn't like the popular mixes as they were mixed with instruments in all of the speakers which took me back to 4 channel discrete days. I was curious, so I purchased one of the 2L discs, and then two DTS discs Shostakovich and Wagner. The 2L disc does have some tracks with surround instruments but actually recorded that way and not mixed post production.
    Cool...thought that would be the case. Congrats, I heard a Wilson duetta MCH once in a 15 ft room that sounded fantastic on classical
    Audition recordings: Zero Distortion Link; Reference Components: Zero Distortion Link; Own: Lampi GG One-day-to-get: Apogee Scintilla, or a horn (with Tenor 75 OTL ), Preamp to be fit in to suit the gain and drive the power amp. Analog: TBD

Last edited by BMCG; 05-03-2017 at 06:51 AM.
    Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Indra; Preamp: Spectral Audio DMC-30SS; Amps: Spectral Audio DMA 360v2 Monoblocks; Analog Cables: MIT Oracle; Power Cables: MIT Oracle; Digital: JCAT FEMTO USB Card / Regen Isolator --> Vivaldi DAC and Clock [ChordMusic Clock Cables; Vertere HB Pulse USB]; Racks: Finite Elemente Pagode Edition HD4 and HD9 Amp Supports. Power: Shunyata Triton v3

Quote Originally Posted by metaphacts View Post
    The surprise is that you were able to purchase them. There is no legitimate purchase of the tweeter for "projects." Should be easy to sell though if that's your goal.

A replacement tweeter is a swap out and requires a speaker serial number so that we can match them. Just out of curiosity what color is the cup on the rear of the motor?
    I'm out of town and will let you know the color when I return in a week. My concern is that I certainly do not want to get my dealer in trouble for doing me a "favor". Any comment on the sourcing being SB Acoustics and not Scan Speak as commonly thought?

[Industry Expert] Senior Member metaphacts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marty View Post
    I'm out of town and will let you know the color when I return in a week. My concern is that I certainly do not want to get my dealer in trouble for doing me a "favor". Any comment on the sourcing being SB Acoustics and not Scan Speak as commonly thought?
    The basic tweeters from which we build the Convergent Synergy Tweeters are definitely not from SB Acoustics.
    Wilson Audio

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567