Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Taking a sagacious walk into the Wilson family From many years of ESL life

OK after a long night of listening to the Sophia on average amps and pre amps that are not thought to be soft yet not harsh, I cant attest that the Sophia will reside in my room in a week.. They are so forgiving and throw a wonder full deep wide stage and the tweeters never barked at me at all.. We switched sources and cables and you really can tune this speaker easily.. I am looking forward to joining the Wilson family after long term ESL use.. I got to adjust them in a room that was size like mine and they shined with their purple vengeance with amazing sounds.. They are a deep black purple that is stunning..

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! MadFloyd's Avatar
    I'm really looking forward to hearing the Alexx at Axpona (with dCS and D'Agostino electronics!).

I haven't heard a Wilson since I owned the Alexia a few years ago. Curious as to what progress they've made addressing flaws of earlier models.
    Speakers: Magico M-Project w/MPods Amplification: CAT JL7s (preamp and phono TBD)
    Analog: Kronos Pro Limited Edition / Black Beauty tonearm / Zyx Universe Premium, Ortofon A95
    Digital: Roon / dCS Vivaldi DAC/Upsampler
    Cables/Power: Kubala Sosna cables / Shunyata Denali 6000T, Sigma Zitron PC's / Furutech outlets
    Misc: Steve Blinn Designs rack & amp stands

I heard them at a dealer here with Progression Mono blocks.. Yes they sounded good but I think the room was a tad small and caused the mid bass to over power it. Not to mention I had to tell the sales cat to turn off the twin Thor's .. It was the highest stage I ever heard .. I would have liked the stage a tad lower .

Again its personal set up and rooms ! Ill be there listening to the Magico that I have yet to hear any..

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456