Taking a sagacious walk into the Wilson family From many years of ESL life

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
When I assembled my 5.1 system I used WP/7's in the front and Sophia in the rear channels. I could hear a slight difference, not a huge change as some would like to make it out to be. I sold the WP/7's and now Maxx 3's are in the fronts. The Maxx 3's are perfect in my room. I still own the Sophia's!

Nice do you listen to multichannel classical?

Sharp 1080

Apr 20, 2010
Dallas,Texas
Nice do you listen to multichannel classical?

Hi Bonzo, Classical is what got me into multi channel. I didn't like the popular mixes as they were mixed with instruments in all of the speakers which took me back to 4 channel discrete days. I was curious, so I purchased one of the 2L discs, and then two DTS discs Shostakovich and Wagner. The 2L disc does have some tracks with surround instruments but actually recorded that way and not mixed post production.

Attachments

• s-l225.jpg
    s-l225.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 212

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Hi Bonzo, Classical is what got me into multi channel. I didn't like the popular mixes as they were mixed with instruments in all of the speakers which took me back to 4 channel discrete days. I was curious, so I purchased one of the 2L discs, and then two DTS discs Shostakovich and Wagner. The 2L disc does have some tracks with surround instruments but actually recorded that way and not mixed post production.

Cool...thought that would be the case. Congrats, I heard a Wilson duetta MCH once in a 15 ft room that sounded fantastic on classical

BMCG

VIP/Donor
Oct 1, 2016
United Kingdom
Last edited:

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
The surprise is that you were able to purchase them. There is no legitimate purchase of the tweeter for "projects." Should be easy to sell though if that's your goal.

A replacement tweeter is a swap out and requires a speaker serial number so that we can match them. Just out of curiosity what color is the cup on the rear of the motor?

I'm out of town and will let you know the color when I return in a week. My concern is that I certainly do not want to get my dealer in trouble for doing me a "favor". Any comment on the sourcing being SB Acoustics and not Scan Speak as commonly thought?

metaphacts

Industry Expert
Feb 1, 2011
Lower Provo River
I'm out of town and will let you know the color when I return in a week. My concern is that I certainly do not want to get my dealer in trouble for doing me a "favor". Any comment on the sourcing being SB Acoustics and not Scan Speak as commonly thought?

The basic tweeters from which we build the Convergent Synergy Tweeters are definitely not from SB Acoustics.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing