Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Last edited:

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
LOL so true. They are definately close to the top of my audio voodoo list, although Audio Machina's Clever Little Clock and Brilliant Pebbles are still unbeatable in my book:

http://www.machinadynamica.com/machina41.htm
http://www.machinadynamica.com/machina31.htm

Interestingly, there are people who swear by them !

I have 2 of the Clever Little Clocks, one on each side of my room. they've been there for 6-7 years (or longer?....they still work).

do they do anything? at the time they were given to me I did like what they seemed to do.

would I pay money for what I thought they did. no.

I think Peter Belt's 'putting a picture in your freezer' still takes the prize.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Mike, you and me obv went thru the Belt stuff first time around
But I don't remember the "picture in freezer" one, just the prettily distributed pieces of foil
Tell us more
Maybe a way of keeping yr feelings cool ahead of heating up when the music starts?
I'm struggling to come up w anything else

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Mike, you and me obv went thru the Belt stuff first time around
But I don't remember the "picture in freezer" one, just the prettily distributed pieces of foil
Tell us more
Maybe a way of keeping yr feelings cool ahead of heating up when the music starts?
I'm struggling to come up w anything else

these links are for entertainment purposes only. when you need a bit of humor to lighten a serious day.

http://www.pwbelectronics.co.uk/the-freezing-saga

http://www.positive-feedback.com/ambackissues/Belt.htm

http://www.stereophile.com/content/listening-112#9XFY9tDS0mMgFi1X.97

a tin foil hat might be a serious consideration while reading.

georgemg

Feb 11, 2013
Brasil
Once I was was listening to music and the S protector was turn on, someone said that we could have problems with cell phone rings, may be it work like one Signal Blocker Cell Phone Jammer.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
So the environment is so saturated with RF that cellphones don't work right? I can only imagine what the tin-foil hat people would think about how far audiophiles are willing to go to create subjective changes for their music.

Kefas

May 21, 2014
This album has been recorded and mastered with the Schnerzinger High-frequency interfering field elimination system in the studio. The engineer was very happy with the experience; read complete very well written and informative notes here; Jeremy Olivier Where the light gets in
....We repeated the experiment again at the mixing and mastering stage and here again an improvement in the listening environment was perceived; more composure and solidity,....

APP

Oct 1, 2014
This album has been recorded and mastered with the Schnerzinger High-frequency interfering field elimination system in the studio. The engineer was very happy with the experience; read complete very well written and informative notes here; Jeremy Olivier Where the light gets in
The album introduction sale off 15€ all formats ends on Sunday:
Just received this very informative news letter which made me search and find this thread;
Jeremy Olivier - Where The Light Gets In Behind the scenes at the Jeremy recording
“Hearing is believing and I had to hear this to believe it.
Harry van Dalen & Michael van Polen invited me to take part in a listening session at the shop to witness the effect of Schnerzinger's field elimination system.
Small boxes with bright lights and small antennas were placed at various points throughout the listening room. I must admit that I, as well as several other people in the room, were quite skeptical as to whether this equipment would have any effect whatsoever on the listening experience, but at the end of the session, Schnerzinger's pioneering giga canceling technology, had left a lasting impression on everyone.

In the days following the listening session I couldn’t help but wonder;
If this equipment has such a positive effect on the playback of music in the listening room, what is there to gain if one would use these tools on the outset, in the recording in the studio?
To find out, I decided to ad the Schnerzinger equipment to the recording setup recording Jeremy Olivier and Mike Del Ferro’s new album “Where The Light Gets In”
as well as Atzko Kohashi and Eddy Koopman’s “Sketches of seasons”.
During the recording sessions Harry, Michael and I noticed a calmness to the sound that was different as to how the sound in the studio normally felt. The sound stage seemed wider, deeper and more defined, the background more black, resulting in decisions regarding placement and depth being taken easily and intuitively.
I like to think of the sound stage as being 3 dimensional and the Schnerzinger equipment did help enforce that vision.
And a last but important bonus was that our ears got noticeably less tired, we worked through the entire day without ear fatigue.
We repeated the experiment again at the mixing and mastering stage and here again an improvement in the listening environment was perceived; more composure and solidity, and it seemed that the sometimes tedious process of repeated listening to the recordings over and over again never became boring.

‘Jeremy Olivier’s "Where The Light Gets In" is a surprising singer-songwriter album in the best Paul Simon tradition. Strong new compositions with adventurous re-workings of songs like Crazy Love (Van Morrison) and Anthem (Leonard Cohen). Recorded using the high definition direct recording principle and released in DXD,DSD, Flac as well as on 180 gram vinyl and SACD.’ Hifi.nl

‘“Where The Light Gets In'' captures the essence of Jeremy Olivier. It is a deeply emotional yet well balanced set, superbly well recorded by Sound Liaison engineer Frans de Rond, using the finest equipment the industry has to offer. This intimate masterpiece is a worthy addition to any audiophile collection.’ -P. Bjørnild

gkg2k

Jan 8, 2021
Well, it's 2022 and the (new?) Schnerzinger Giga-Protector ( https://www.schnerzinger.com/english/produkte/giga-protector/ ) looks very different from a simple Schumann resonator. Is it even a Schumann resonator at all?

The system seems composed by a transmitter and a receiver (two devices).

However, has anyone tested it recently?

It seems the price of the system is ~7'790 €

Thanks!
Gianluca

Last edited:

Kefas

May 21, 2014
Well, it's 2022 and the (new?) Schnerzinger Giga-Protector ( https://www.schnerzinger.com/english/produkte/giga-protector/ ) looks very different from a simple Schumann resonator. Is it even a Schumann resonator at all?

The system seems composed by a transmitter and a receiver (two devices).

However, has anyone tested it recently?

It seems the price of the system is ~7'790 €

Thanks!
Gianluca
or is there a well written review somewhere?

SeagoatLeo

Feb 23, 2015
I'd guess it's Schumann resonator like the Synergistic Research Atmosphere... I heard the Atmosphere and these Protectors are described very similarly here.

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showt...our-head-spin-Synergistic-Research-Atmosphere
I had an Atmosphere XL. The Atmosphere XL was so tweaky with 100 combinations, I sold it for a small loss. It worked but I just want to sit and listen to music, not play with audio toys.

I may purchase the Zellaton Plural Evo's I'm currently auditioning.

I now have a slimmed down Schnerzinger EMI filter for audition. Funny how the speakers sounder BAD (no body/thin) without it on until I changed the pre-amp to amp interconnect (same manufacturer back to older version) and the speakers did not need the Schnerzinger to sound beautiful. I will retry the Schnerzinger after the speakers are fully broken in.

Reactions: DaveC

Tuckers

VIP/Donor
Nov 18, 2020

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing