Schnerzinger protectors

murphys33

Sep 28, 2011
Has anyone tried these before? I am only keen on opinions on the protectors. I must profess that I do not understand the literature on the product and am curious about them.

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Has anyone tried these before? I am only keen on opinions on the protectors. I must profess that I do not understand the literature on the product and am curious about them.

I'm not sure there is anyone who does, manufacturer himself included :)

Reactions: bazelio

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
I use them. And they work very nice to increade the silence and the SQ

Last edited:

rsorren1

Sep 6, 2013
Dallas area
murphys33, I have heard the Schnerzinger giga protectors at AudioArts NYC, twice, and just completed a home audition. At AudioArts, I had the chance to have them turned off during the playing of a track where I could easily hear a change in soundstage width/depth/height. I suggest choosing a well recorded jazz trio track where it will be easy to hear the soundstage effect. Well recorded vocals with small accompaniment would also be a good choice to hear the affect. At home, I had them in my system for two weeks. I did several tests where they were turned off during a track and again you can hear the effect on soundstage. Johnny Hartmann, The Voice That Is, Slow Hot Wind for example: there is a percussive sound at the beginning that seemed to decay longer and deeper into the soundstage with the giga protectors on. Johnny's voice also seem to shine in the mix a bit more with them on. I have no knowledge of how they work.

boys456

Apr 15, 2017
Hong Kong
Protection from interfering is NOT an alternate technology.. all based on physics! There are lots if interfering around us nowaday, EMI RFI, not only affect people's health, also eliminate your hifi system performance to only half to 60% only, the household electronics...lamps emit electrical magnetic interfere, attack the hifi system interconnect cable high frequency, while wifi and cell phone's EMI will interfere the system's low frequency, resulting your now hearing is not your system's optimum level.
Schnerzinger product, no matter protector or cable, is working against the interferes to let you come closer to the music.Use only one protector will let your system raise up 40%, just like doing some magic to change your gears, in fact you are no need to change your gears to achieve good sound any more , no matter how cheap or how expensive your system.Here in Hong Kong and some countries, its also new to us, I have use it for half a year, a grid protector and a Reference 3000 SPDIF interconnect, my system raise 100% than before, vivid 3D sound stage lively, more real about musical instruments and vocals, happily listen music everyday...if you have a chance, you must try, they holds free home demo.

Last edited:

murphys33

Sep 28, 2011
Yeah I guess the only thing holding me back is the pricing. I like to know what I am buying into so guess that's why I am asking of anyone understands the product.

Reactions: Hmart

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Yeah I guess the only thing holding me back is the pricing. I like to know what I am buying into so guess that's why I am asking of anyone understands the product.

If you like the subjective sound they bring, they are for you. If not, they're not for you.

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
Use only one protector will let your system raise up 40%.
Seriously folks......
BTW, I have looked high and low for any information on these including the price and can't find anything. Can somebody please tell me how much improving my system "40%" by adding one of these will cost? Anyone? In any known currency?

adyc

VIP/Donor
Jan 5, 2013
Seriously folks......
BTW, I have looked high and low for any information on these including the price and can't find anything. Can somebody please tell me how much improving my system "40%" by adding one of these will cost? Anyone? In any known currency?

Around EUR 4,000 per box.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I'd like to point out it's impossible to in real time phase cancel whatever is in the air by emitting a counter signal. These devices would simply be adding noise. The result however may be very pleasant for those that want enhanced 3D, air, etc that specific RF frequencies add to the sound. Does that equate to a 40% performance increase? Hell if I know, it's just a sound type you might want.

Reactions: SeagoatLeo

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
I have heard the demo 6 times including once at my place . Depending on the syst, it has varying effects. Sometimes the cables are awesome . Sometimes the giga protector , network & components protectors have greater effects & sometimes grid protector works better . U just got to try it in your syst . To my ears , it's the best cabling syst & most effective tweaks to my ears . Unfortunately quite pricey & 0 discount !!!

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
I experienced the effect of these devices a few weeks ago when visiting Michael Schwab at Zellaton HQ in Munich. There's no doubt they produce a considerable effect. In what way they work is unclear to me, the product descriptions don't reveal much if anything to go on. They're very "tweaky" products as in you need a certain model to get the best out of a certain piece of equipment. The uplift in clarity and tonal purity, when the right match had been found, was quite dramatic, I suspect these are some sort of variation on ground tweaks but I don't know for a fact. The protector devices seem to have an effect on the room atmosphere, just walking in there was this almost instant feeling of relaxation hitting me. Again no idea how this works, they could be emitting some sort of pleasuring frequencies, it was very obviously when leaving the room for lunch and returning after. For context I have to add tweaks like the acoustic revive resonators do absolutely nothing for me so I'm not a "believer" per se.

adyc

VIP/Donor
Jan 5, 2013
I have heard the demo 6 times including once at my place . Depending on the syst, it has varying effects. Sometimes the cables are awesome . Sometimes the giga protector , network & components protectors have greater effects & sometimes grid protector works better . U just got to try it in your syst . To my ears , it's the best cabling syst & most effective tweaks to my ears . Unfortunately quite pricey & 0 discount !!!

Did you buy any products from them after the demo?

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
Considering but too pricey with no discount . To trade in the Sc or PC I need to buy their top 2 models & tweak alone , at least €20-30k . A bit too rich for my blood for the time being

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Sorry my OT,
but i see you have the Goebel cable.
I am interesting to buy them,can you tell me your experience?
Thanks

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
I experienced the effect of these devices a few weeks ago when visiting Michael Schwab at Zellaton HQ in Munich. There's no doubt they produce a considerable effect. In what way they work is unclear to me, the product descriptions don't reveal much if anything to go on. They're very "tweaky" products as in you need a certain model to get the best out of a certain piece of equipment. The uplift in clarity and tonal purity, when the right match had been found, was quite dramatic, I suspect these are some sort of variation on ground tweaks but I don't know for a fact. The protector devices seem to have an effect on the room atmosphere, just walking in there was this almost instant feeling of relaxation hitting me. Again no idea how this works, they could be emitting some sort of pleasuring frequencies, it was very obviously when leaving the room for lunch and returning after. For context I have to add tweaks like the acoustic revive resonators do absolutely nothing for me so I'm not a "believer" per se.

I'd guess it's Schumann resonator like the Synergistic Research Atmosphere... I heard the Atmosphere and these Protectors are described very similarly here.

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showt...our-head-spin-Synergistic-Research-Atmosphere

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Isn't it just easier, and cheaper, to just take some recreational?

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
Sorry my OT,
but i see you have the Goebel cable.
I am interesting to buy them,can you tell me your experience?
Thanks

I love the dense midrange & solid bass. Would like better highs . Bass performance is the forte of Goebel PC & SC. So if your syst is dark sounding , you may not like it too much

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing