Thread: VPI Avenger Reference + Stillpoint Ultra V's

VPI Avenger Reference + Stillpoint Ultra V's

I have a VPI Avenger Reference TT sitting on top of a Gingko base and I'd like to know if any other Avenger owners have replaced the standard feet (i.e. cone stabilizers sitting in Delrin/ball bearing isolation base) with Stillpoint Ultra V's. If so, can you share your thoughts on the sonic benefits, if any, as well as the mechanics of making the switch? Thanks.

I have the Stillpoints Ultra 5 + Base on my Avenger. They look and sound fantastic. Lowered the noise floor and nearly eliminated my footfall issue. I use them in-conjunction with a Symposium Platform. I also have experience with the Classic Sig footers, Ultra SS and the Track Audio footers.

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by advanced101 View Post
    I have the Stillpoints Ultra 5 + Base on my Avenger. They look and sound fantastic. Lowered the noise floor and nearly eliminated my footfall issue. I use them in-conjunction with a Symposium Platform. I also have experience with the Classic Sig footers, Ultra SS and the Track Audio footers.
    Are you in the US or in the EU?
    Audition recordings: Zero Distortion Link; Reference Components: Zero Distortion Link; Own: Lampi GG One-day-to-get: Apogee Scintilla, or a horn (with Tenor 75 OTL ), Preamp to be fit in to suit the gain and drive the power amp. Analog: TBD