Music Videos - - The Greats!

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Great Music Videos

The thread on Tubular Bells got me to go and search for a video of it, just to land on this extended, and IMHO, nice revision of it. So I thought it would be cool to have a thread where folks post music videos with values (either in the music itself or the video production values).

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Although Shock the Monkey indeed shook the video world, Sledgehammer is a Masterpiece.

John

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
This however maybe one of my fave videos. I love the dance sequence and well, it's Kate Bush...what can i say!

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
More oldies. I think this is one of the few times where I love both renditions of a song: You've Got a Friend by Carole King & James Taylor. Here is one of the many renditions:

The best was a concert DVD I used to have in 1998 but don't know where it is anymore....

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Although "Tapestry" was an amazing album, I still cannot beleive to this day that Marvin's "What's Going On" lost out to it at the Grammy's that year.

And talk about a statement......

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
At Ron's suggestion I'll kick it of with this selection of one of the all time greats.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
AMIR I thought Ron was going to post this one

I think Wilson Pickett was Reddings' real competition. The wicked Wilson Pickett as he was known

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
And the aforementioned Mr. Pickett

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
Oh, so you want to go there, do you? ;) Well, take this, one of the greatest voices ever:

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I bow to you Ron. Just for info Jerry Butler appears for Valentines Day at Blues Alley every year. It's an annual sell out.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Wow, what a come back Ron! Heavenly is not good enough word to describe the heights the man's voice goes to..... Want to stand up and sing the with backup!!!

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I am getting misty. My last post for tonight

Last edited by a moderator:

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
I bow to you Ron. Just for info Jerry Butler appears for Valentines Day at Blues Alley every year. It's an annual sell out.
Don't bow. Keep 'em coming. This thread is fun!!!

How 'bout this one (and, please, watch it 'til the end, cause it's fantastic):

After I first saw this one - I have it on DVD - I was singing this song for at least one week. Couldn't get it out of my head!

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Blue Lights in the basement. All I needed was the courage to walk across the dance floor to dance with the hot girl.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing