Music Videos - - The Greats!

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
Roger Waters is Roger Waters, David Gilmore is Pink Floyd.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I'm only posting this because the LP is getting some major play here and it's an addictive one. I love Oscar's playing on this.......

And if I've posted it before I'm not apologizing! :p

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Gorgeous.....

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
I was way into "X" in high school and college....

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue

I like this video from West Was Won...first LP due soon.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Holy crap---I think it's Jesus on guitar!

The video seems to portray his right hand is moving a little quickly,but I can't explain it. You'll understand after watching it that this guy (Estes Tonne) is the real deal.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I LOVE The Philosopher Kings....

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
A little Dum Dum Girls always brightens my day....

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Hooverphonic - Mad About You

daytona600

Sep 9, 2012
scotland

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Anthony Phillips - Which Way The Wind Blows

Anthony was a founding member of GENESIS and this is from his first solo release The Geese and The Ghost

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Harmonium - Chanson Noire

You don't have to understand the words...just feel the music.

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
I was just editing the Raidho, Constellation, Ansuz video and this was playing...

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Just went through this entire thread (again). Listening to vids on a PC laptop so the sound is kinda soso, but it sure is a lot more fun than discussing what "natural" is.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Amir, you started this thread, just over five years ago, ? cool.

John, like you I too revisited some of this thread's content; and unfortunately, it's just the way it is, several youtube videos are now gone; they simply vanished because their codes changed; they don't last forever with the same code, they have an expiration date, like food. ;-)

* Last night I was listening to Blues music on the radio, some tunes I really loved, I'm really big on Blues, and tunes from Buddy Guy, John Lee Hooker, Roy Rogers, Joe Bonamassa, Beth Hart, Terry Evans, Eric Clapton, etc. inspired me to check them live on youtube. The Blues runs deep in my blood, I feel its intensity as if I was totally invigorated by it, living it in the moment with full receptivity. I'm talking inside my soul here.
And that's how I stumbled up on that David Gilmour's live unplugged video just above. I just had to share. And I checked couple dozens of them, and only that one was deserving enough @ the time for me to post it here so that some of you can enjoy it too.

It all started with a Buddy Guy's tune; 'One Room Country Shack', from one of his older albums...A Man & the Blues (1968).

________

Then a Roy Rogers' tune; 'Terraplane Blues'. ...And Joe Bonamassa's 'Jelly Roll'. ...Etc., and I checked a bunch of live youtube videos with all the greatest Bluesmen, including Magic Slim, Johnny Winter, Stevie Ray Vaughan, BB King, Eric Clapton, John Mayer, ...and many many more. And I like when these Blues giants reunite all together on the same stage...the electricity in the air is electro-magnifying and palpable.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing