Music Videos - - The Greats!

Don Hills

Jun 20, 2013
Wellington, New Zealand
An example of a band who had played their biggest hit so many times they could do it in their sleep, but instead chose to up their game:

Focus, Hocus Pocus

May I suggest that people who post video links also type the artist and track name? You can then search the thread to see if it has already been posted.

Don Hills

Jun 20, 2013
Wellington, New Zealand
On the "Got Talent" show theme:

(Skip ahead to 38:54)

Clara Van Wel, NZ's Got Talent 2012 winner. Somewhat unusual for someone to win by performing original songs all the way through the competition, let alone someone so young.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
On the "Got Talent" show theme:

(Skip ahead to 38:54)

Clara Van Wel, NZ's Got Talent 2012 winner. Somewhat unusual for someone to win by performing original songs all the way through the competition, let alone someone so young.

Awesome...starting @ 40:30 ?

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011

* The first video above; it's much more than the young lady singing...it's a window through her soul, and the Hollywood "Diva" creation, with talent inside/out.
But talent is nothing without that "magic" star above your heart and head...and her, she has that star floating above her...she is definitely a "star".

The second video; it's more about what others expect from you than you being you...I think. It's like a nightmare...being influenced...body & soulless.

The third video; wow, some performances are for some dedicated audiences only.
No Joe Bonamassa here; that's fo sur. ...And no Beth Hart either.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I know that most WBF members they don't like RAP music...but me I really like the production values, humor and style of these Music Videos...the Greats! ::
_____

_____

* You're free to watch them or not; it's only up to YOU. :b

<<< Warning >>> One word (f*c*), you might find repetitive and slightly annoying (hopefully not offensive, because the word is used often in videos, films, games, books, forums, blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.).

When you don't know about RAP music (rap-rave), and about this paticular band from South Africa; you might be surprised @ first a little.
But when you know them (the two main band members, they are actors in the film Chappie; a fun sci-fi/comedy flick); it's all spic&span google doodle good.

? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Die_Antwoord

_______

Last edited:

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
I know that most WBF members they don't like RAP music...but me I really like the production values, humor and style of these Music Videos...the Greats! ::
_____

_____

* You're free to watch them or not; it's only up to YOU. :b

Pretty messed up, but so far "baby's on fire" is quite humorous. The girls wrestling in the pool is a real highlite! :)

RayDunzl

Jun 26, 2014
Tampa
One of my favorites...

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA

I like this video from West Was Won...first LP due soon.

Thanks. Listening to it on Tidal now. Beautiful music but dreadful fidelity. Muffled, collapsed sound, no bass to speak of. Sounds like something between AM and FM. Roon reports that is the lossless CD track but even if that is wrong and it is compressed stream it is very poor fidelity. It is listenable and I put it in my library but what a shame.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011

_________

* In 1976 I was living in Vancouver @ a friend's place, a nice place. And in the living room there was a nice turntable. ...And several LPs...Joni Mitchell, Leonard Cohen, etc.
That was my spinning intro to Leonard, because before I was living near Montreal and didn't have any Leonard's albums...not that I remember (I sold all my LPs and turntable stereo system to my sister for $200 and bought a one-way train ticket to the West coast).

The souvenirs, the memories we have when we were from age 3 to 23 are some of the most memorable ones...to me. Leonard is one of them...on that turntable in Vancouver close to Cambie street and bridge, in the year 1976 when I turned 21 and musical emotions were smooth as Leonard's voice.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing