Music Videos - - The Greats!

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
If you go to the first page of this thread; can you see all the youtube videos?
And if not, what happens when you click on Play?

Is this normal? For me it says a bunch of stuff; from This video doesn't exist, to a bunch of copyright infringements to This video has been removed to the artists having some to do with, videos that are over 40 years old!
Is this a new wave, or normal? Is it just on my end or is it the same for everyone?

EDIT: Ok, I had to google:
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/favorite-video-disappeared-youtube/
http://techcrunch.com/2015/10/21/an-offer-creators-cant-refuse/
http://www.newsweek.com/debbie-harr...ett-battle-youtube-prince-videos-start-455671

I never experienced that in the past. And those links I just provided I don't think they have anything to do with it.
If anyone has knowledge on this, a setting, anything, that would be cool to know.
But first I need to know if this, is a universal issue. Is this strictly country related, world related, or what?

Is this a new thing from youtube, or is this a new computer feature?
Can I promote my favorite artist musicians? Is it legal to make my own youtube videos and are there restrictions, like time expiration period, fees to pay to youtube, my government, the tax department, my credit card company, Trump, Trudeau, ...who should I contact to view old videos from 40-50 years ago?
Do I need a permission from my Internet service provider, do I need to pay more than what I already pay way overpriced fees?

I guess everyone can see all those videos as there are no replies. Cool, then it's only on my end.
I'll search some more...I might get lucky and find the answer...

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
By the way, posts #4, 5, 6, 8 and 10 from the first page; all those videos are gone (50%).
And in the subsequent pages, roughly 30% of all videos are gone.

Last edited:

Don Hills

Jun 20, 2013
Wellington, New Zealand
If you go to the first page of this thread; can you see all the youtube videos?
Is this normal?
I guess everyone can see all those videos as there are no replies. Cool, then it's only on my end.
I'll search some more...I might get lucky and find the answer...

1. Some of them are no longer viewable.
2. It's "normal".
3. It's the same for everyone.
4. You don't need to search further. The situation is exactly as the links you provided have stated.

People upload stuff. Sometime later, the copyright holders find it and the stuff gets taken down.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Not sure if this has been posted

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Nice ? very positive animated musical energy and transfer of emotional relationship/friendship and professional musicianship. What else can we ask for;
we just witness it all.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing