Anyone Know or use this Cartridge?

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Came across this fellow on an obscure Blog with no info /etc-- piqued my Interest with the unusual outboard Coil wiring--is it a Sum and Difference design?

Just curious :b

BruceD

LP Cart.jpg

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Ah Thank you--it was in Plain sight--yes looks interesting ---how does it sound??

BruceD

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
One my friend has a lot of cartridge,and the best he has are,Koetsu Blue lace,Dynavector XVT1,Proteus,Etna,Allnic,ecc,ecc and has also this Audiotecnica and he loves a lot this cartridge that told me bought 2 because are very difficult to find.
But i don't know the sound because i never listen in his home.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
We heard the Art 9 compared to the Lyra Atlas. It is the same sound, just less. Neutral, timbre, but less quick, less bass, and less extension than Atlas. But much cheaper, at 1k or so. The Art 1000 is more expensive, and we could not hear it because the dealer had forgotten the SUT which is required to get it up to proper gain. We will soon get to hear it, probably in May or so. The UK Lampi distro is also the Audio technica distro, so we will hear it at dctom, audiophile bill, etc.

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
I'd love to compare ART-1000 to ART-9, (as per my post earlier) and DRT-XV1t and London REF. This is my short list beyond ART9 which is very good at the price.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing