New Playback Designs Dream Series DAC and Digital Transport

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
We leave Castello di Guarene today for Hotel La Palma in Stresa on Lake maggiore for 2 days and then a final night in Sorisa before we fly back home on Tuesday

Two days ago we toured Emilio Artere winery in Barolo and yesterday we toured all day in Barbaresco with dinner at a Michelin star restaurant

va bene!

analyzer

VIP/Donor
May 20, 2016
Torino - Italy
We leave Castello di Guarene today for Hotel La Palma in Stresa on Lake maggiore for 2 days and then a final night in Sorisa before we fly back home on Tuesday

Two days ago we toured Emilio Artere winery in Barolo and yesterday we toured all day in Barbaresco with dinner at a Michelin star restaurant

Wooowww... I remember... I visited the Castello di Guarene four times a few years ago; the previous owner (the Countess Provana di Collegno invited me for an expertise of some rare books in the Library room) and I had a great time during these days.
Hope that the new property granted you a superb accomodation as the wines you tasted...
Have a nice stay in Norhtwest Italy!!!
my best
Marco

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Wooowww... I remember... I visited the Castello di Guarene four times a few years ago; the previous owner (the Countess Provana di Collegno invited me for an expertise of some rare books in the Library room) and I had a great time during these days.
Hope that the new property granted you a superb accomodation as the wines you tasted...
Have a nice stay in Norhtwest Italy!!!
my best
Marco

Marco

I love your country. Presently in Stresa. Just visited the palace on Bella Isola. The gardens were magnificent

Tomorrow marty and I visit Gian60 to hear his system and the off to Soriso where we dine and stay at Al Sorriso a 2 star Michelin restaurant before we depart early Monday for home. We also took the gondola to the top of the mountain

MRJAZZ

Industry Expert
Jan 20, 2014
Marco

I love your country. Presently in Stresa. Just visited the palace on Bella Isola. The gardens were magnificent

Tomorrow marty and I visit Gian60 to hear his system and the off to Soriso where we dine and stay at Al Sorriso a 2 star Michelin restaurant before we depart early Monday for home. We also took the gondola to the top of the mountain

Sounds like a fabulous trip Steve.....any pics forthcoming?

Cheers....

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
".....any pics forthcoming?"

Italy, yes! My sister was there last winter. My friends were there couple years ago. Beautiful country indeed, some gorgeous vistas, and Rome. ...The food, vino, people. ...

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I have close to 1000 photos of our week in St Petersburg and our week in Italy. I will bog the entire trip after we get home on Monday and I am over jet lag. Stay tuned. Final day today in Soriso. Marty and I are meeting Gian60 who is taking us to his home to hear his system

brad225

VIP/Donor
Nov 22, 2012
Steve, I am considering sending my MPS-5 in for the upgrade. Can you share you thoughts on your upgrade now you have much more listening time. Thanks.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Marco

Excellent food there!

but SPAIN, not Italy, is my favourite European country. Que me encanta, Espanya!

johndoe21ro

Oct 3, 2012
Europe
What about the DAC, guys?!

bmoura

Sep 6, 2013
What about the DAC, guys?!

The new Dream Series DAC + Transport is drawing crowds at AXPONA. Sounded very good with DSD Music from Lyn Stanley (DSD 256 from Moonlight Sessions Vol 1 at NativeDSD), a Blue Coast Music track and Eric Bibb recorded by Jan-Eric Persson at Opus 3.

Definitely worth dropping by the room and having a listen!

jh901

Jun 22, 2018
PITTSBURGH
Are Dream Series components in the hands of consumers yet?

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Any more listening experiences of the MPT-8 + MPD-8 DAC combo ?
Is it in the same league as Totaldac d1-Twelve mk2 + d1-server ?

GSOphile

Sep 3, 2017
There is a very favorable review of the MPS-8 in issue #98 (August 2018) of Positive Feedback, with more promised on the MPT/MPD in 2019.

David

Aug 11, 2012
Any more listening experiences of the MPT-8 + MPD-8 DAC combo ?
Is it in the same league as Totaldac d1-Twelve mk2 + d1-server ?

Playback MPS-8 is better from my experience. So MPT-8 + MPD-8 should be a dream combo.
I am no more looking at Digital source since i have MPS-8, i must say. Pure magic sound.
Andreas is a great designer ; and Pure DSD playback is an experience to do ... really !

David

Aug 11, 2012
The new Dream Series DAC + Transport is drawing crowds at AXPONA. Sounded very good with DSD Music from Lyn Stanley (DSD 256 from Moonlight Sessions Vol 1 at NativeDSD), a Blue Coast Music track and Eric Bibb recorded by Jan-Eric Persson at Opus 3.

Definitely worth dropping by the room and having a listen!

Indeed, the merlot DAC is already a fabulous converter at his price. A must listen ...

F208Frank

Mar 27, 2020
New York
I can not believe that this thread just died since 2019 when the MPD6/MPD8 from playback is just an absolute GEM.

Reactions: Hyperion

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing