Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: New Playback Designs Dream Series DAC and Digital Transport

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Williams View Post
    We leave Castello di Guarene today for Hotel La Palma in Stresa on Lake maggiore for 2 days and then a final night in Sorisa before we fly back home on Tuesday

Two days ago we toured Emilio Artere winery in Barolo and yesterday we toured all day in Barbaresco with dinner at a Michelin star restaurant
    va bene!
    Speaker: Wilson X1/Velodyne DD18+
    Source: Zanden 4-Box Digital
    Amps: CJ GAT/Gryphon Colosseum
    Cable: SC/IC:TA Opus Gen5/MM2 PC:PAD25th/Sablon GCUber
    16 Isolation 'Sandwiches': Under: HRS/Stillpoints/Auralex Top: HRS/Artesania/Entreq/EAT/90kg Mass Damping
    Power/Ground/Shield: 4 x 16A Lines w/ Furutech Outlets / Burmester948/NordostQX4 / Tripoint (TroySig+Thor) / Entreq (Atlantis/Receivus/Everest/Wrap)
    Room/Tube: Stillpoints Apertures / Amperex7308 Mullard(6922 6CA4 6X4) TeleE88CC

Site Founder And Administrator Steve Williams's Avatar
    Coto De Caza, California on the 13th fairway of the south golf course
    The winery in Barbaresco was Marchesi Di Gresy and the Michelin rated restaurant was La Ciau del Tornavento in Treiso
    Steve Williams
    aka oneobgyn
    There's ALWAYS another Steve Williams BUT there's only "oneobgyn"
    Dealer Lamm Electronics
    My System

The winery in Barbaresco was Marchesi Di Gresy and the Michelin rated restaurant was La Ciau del Tornavento in Treiso
    have a great time

If I could say one thing about the upgrade it is a better soundstage but beyond that it brought my unit to current standards as my S/N was 00015 when I bought it
    Thank you!
    Digital: Playback Designs MPS-5, CAPS Zuma, 2x Joule III LPS, WS2012R2+AO+Fidelizer+Roon+Tidal Amplification: CH Precision L1, 2x Krell FPB 750mcx Speakers: Modded Dunlavy SC-VI w/ Duelund crossovers Cables: Kubala Elation (speaker), Totaldac USB, Echole Omnia 3ft XLR, Echole Omnia 7ft XLR,Power: Kubala Elation and Absolute Fidelity Power, SRA Scuttle mk.3 Rack, SRA VR 3.0 platforms, Four dedicated lines, PS P10

We leave Castello di Guarene today for Hotel La Palma in Stresa on Lake maggiore for 2 days and then a final night in Sorisa before we fly back home on Tuesday

Two days ago we toured Emilio Artere winery in Barolo and yesterday we toured all day in Barbaresco with dinner at a Michelin star restaurant
    Wooowww... I remember... I visited the Castello di Guarene four times a few years ago; the previous owner (the Countess Provana di Collegno invited me for an expertise of some rare books in the Library room) and I had a great time during these days.
    Hope that the new property granted you a superb accomodation as the wines you tasted...
    Have a nice stay in Norhtwest Italy!!!
    my best
    Marco

Quote Originally Posted by analyzer View Post
    Wooowww... I remember... I visited the Castello di Guarene four times a few years ago; the previous owner (the Countess Provana di Collegno invited me for an expertise of some rare books in the Library room) and I had a great time during these days.
    Hope that the new property granted you a superb accomodation as the wines you tasted...
    Have a nice stay in Norhtwest Italy!!!
    my best
    Marco
    Marco

I love your country. Presently in Stresa. Just visited the palace on Bella Isola. The gardens were magnificent

Tomorrow marty and I visit Gian60 to hear his system and the off to Soriso where we dine and stay at Al Sorriso a 2 star Michelin restaurant before we depart early Monday for home. We also took the gondola to the top of the mountain
    Steve Williams
    aka oneobgyn
    Dealer Lamm Electronics
    My System

[Industry Expert] Senior Member MRJAZZ's Avatar
    Marco

I love your country. Presently in Stresa. Just visited the palace on Bella Isola. The gardens were magnificent

Tomorrow marty and I visit Gian60 to hear his system and the off to Soriso where we dine and stay at Al Sorriso a 2 star Michelin restaurant before we depart early Monday for home. We also took the gondola to the top of the mountain
    Sounds like a fabulous trip Steve.....any pics forthcoming?

Cheers....
    INDUSTRY AFFILIATION: OWNER/PRESIDENT
    QUINTESSENCE ACOUSTICS
    www.quintessenceacoustics.com

Member Addicted to Best! NorthStar's Avatar
    ".....any pics forthcoming?"

Italy, yes! My sister was there last winter. My friends were there couple years ago. Beautiful country indeed, some gorgeous vistas, and Rome. ...The food, vino, people. ...
    All the Very Best, - Bob --------- "And it stoned me to my soul" - Van Morrison --------- AudiophileAudition

I have close to 1000 photos of our week in St Petersburg and our week in Italy. I will bog the entire trip after we get home on Monday and I am over jet lag. Stay tuned. Final day today in Soriso. Marty and I are meeting Gian60 who is taking us to his home to hear his system
    Steve Williams
    aka oneobgyn
    Dealer Lamm Electronics
    My System

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345