Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Harmonic Resolution vs. Critical Mass RACKS? Sonic and Engineering Differences?

Harmonic Resolution vs. Critical Mass RACKS? Sonic and Engineering Differences?

Marketing BS aside, anyone sonically compare these 2 brands? Anyone understand the engineering claims?

Or are people who are buying these operating purely on faith?

I think you need to include silent running audio in this discussion. Changed my system for the better. Quieter backgrounds, much greater imaging specificity and solidity. Cant vouch for CMas on HRS and SRA. Highly recommended.

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kleinbje View Post
    I think you need to include silent running audio in this discussion. Changed my system for the better. Quieter backgrounds, much greater imaging specificity and solidity. Cant vouch for CMas on HRS and SRA. Highly recommended.
    Know three people who preferred Shun Mooks to SRA they already owned. One bought many Shun Mook diamond resonators to add to his SRA rack. I compared only in one system
    Audition recordings: Zero Distortion Link; Reference Components: Zero Distortion Link; Own: Lampi GG One-day-to-get: Apogee Scintilla, or a horn (with Tenor 75 OTL ), Preamp to be fit in to suit the gain and drive the power amp. Analog: TBD

Quote Originally Posted by caesar View Post
    Marketing BS aside, anyone sonically compare these 2 brands? Anyone understand the engineering claims?

Or are people who are buying these operating purely on faith?
    In high-end audio, it's pretty difficult to set the marketing BS aside. What's the latest BS slogan several companies employed lately, "the evolution of a revolution" or some such crap as that? With slogans like these, could it be the industry is running out of hyperbola?

To answer your question, in my opinion people are buying such products pretty much on faith alone. Yes, I pretty much understand the engineering claims and I don't agree with them. In fact, I would go so far as to suggest such designs are manufactured on little more than faith.
    "If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration.” -Nikola Tesla
    "My physical and mental limitations are infinite." -me

[WBF Founding Member] Addicted to Best! JackD201's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stehno View Post
    In high-end audio, it's pretty difficult to set the marketing BS aside. What's the latest BS slogan several companies employed lately, "the evolution of a revolution" or some such crap as that? With slogans like these, could it be the industry is running out of hyperbola?

To answer your question, in my opinion people are buying such products pretty much on faith alone. Yes, I pretty much understand the engineering claims and I don't agree with them. In fact, I would go so far as to suggest such designs are manufactured on little more than faith.
    That's just plain insulting stehno. Just go to market and prove yourself already.
    Disclosure of Industry Participation

Co-Founder and Managing Director PureSound PH - Exclusive Distributor (Philippines only) of Lamm, Von Schweikert Audio, CH Precision, Light Harmonic, Valvet, Townshend, Critical Mass Systems, EERA, KR Audio, Ambience SS, TechDAS, Master Built

Quote Originally Posted by JackD201 View Post
    That's just plain insulting stehno. Just go to market and prove yourself already.
    Insulting to whom?

Obviously, the OP thinks something may be awry, otherwise he wouldn’t have posted his question. If per chance somebody knew or thought they knew something to be true or false, since when is it an insult to speak truthfully when asked? Or do you prefer that those whose opinions differ from your own remain silent?

BTW, I’m curious. How does "going to market" prove one’s self?
    "If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration.” -Nikola Tesla
    "My physical and mental limitations are infinite." -me

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo75 View Post
    Know three people who preferred Shun Mooks to SRA they already owned. One bought many Shun Mook diamond resonators to add to his SRA rack. I compared only in one system
    That is system tuning. Very different. These companies don't tune vibrations, they eliminate them either by dissipation as heat usually or by draining them away. In the case of SRA the designer used to work for Govt designing cloaking mechanisms for submarines, thus expertise in electronic noise reduction and vibration reduction. I believe HRS has similar credentials. I don't see much marketing hype at all from SRA, but I'm not big attendee of audioshows. It is a core part of my system and I have no desire to change it out. Well worth its exorbitant cost. I was very nervous it was snake oil as you cant really try a 300# rack in your home.

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! Elberoth's Avatar
    Does the SRA still exist ?
    Adam

Speakers: Magico M3
    Amp: MSB M202
    Digital: Lampi Golden Gate DSD only + Lampi DSD Komputer server
    Cables: AudioQuest WEL Signature IC / Shunyata Anaconda Z-Tron SC

[WBF Founding Member] Addicted to Best! JackD201's Avatar

I would say the manufacturers and their buyers thats who. You've been slamming left and right for a while now. In the meantime, you've opted to keep your secret sauce for yourself, which is fine if you at least made your stuff available. In effect you're saying "Everybody sucks but me and the guys that got my racks and/or heard them and wrote in their praises". Where's the benefit in that to the population outside your subset?
    Disclosure of Industry Participation

Co-Founder and Managing Director PureSound PH - Exclusive Distributor (Philippines only) of Lamm, Von Schweikert Audio, CH Precision, Light Harmonic, Valvet, Townshend, Critical Mass Systems, EERA, KR Audio, Ambience SS, TechDAS, Master Built

Perhaps that’s because you beat them all to it several years ago by claiming: “No other product, or innovation or any combination thereof can come even remotely close to the performance of even a humble playback system using (my rack).”

And yet you ask us to believe your non-commercially available rack outperforms everything else based on… objective data? Independent testing? It’s easy to have faith in something or someone where credibility engenders placement of faith in the first place. Without credibility, faith - irrespective of whether it's a mustard seed or a mountain - provides no reward, just perpetual, hollow disappointment.

Be well, stehno.

853guy
    Martins, Edgar. Aluminium Honeycomb Assembly, M&C Laboratory, ESTEC/ESA. Taken from the "Rehearsal of Space" series (2014 - )

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast