CD / LP place holders. What do you use?

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hello all and happy Saturday morning to you!

I love everything about my rig but something that I had never thought to ask about before bugs me. I am in the market for a CD / LP holder. You know, something that displays the CD / LP that's currently being played in an upright position.

Right now, I just set the jewel case or LP on the rack or somewhere else. I'd like to have a dedicated spot for the CD / LP that's currently in rotation. I'll even entertain custom ideas and where you store your album covers or jewel cases when in play.

What say you? Talk to me...

Thanks all,

Tom

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
I bought two 16" x 20" pieces of yellow acid free mounting board from an art store that I cut with a paper cutter into 4" x 8" pieces that I place back on the shelf from which the disk was taken.

I keep my CDs in my computer room, not in my listening area, so placing the case back on the shelf while playing the disk is not a good option.

I never have more than 20 disks out at a time so I have plenty of extras.

Light-weight, inexpensive, easily replaceable, easy to store, easily visible on the shelf.

I suppose you could also use a 4x6 or 5x8 index card but I like the extra weight and rigidity of the boards.

For LPs you need something bigger.

Last edited:

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I use a sheet music stand for my LPs.

Alan Parsons Project - I Robot MFSL 45RPM.jpg

daytona600

Sep 9, 2012
scotland
afff3b74-2eea-4195-a24f-4f36de07d9df.jpg

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
That's perfect daytona600! What are the keywords to look it up and where did you source it from?

John, good question. I've never seen it before either.

Tom

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
What a rip-off.

$39.95 for a book holder?

Go to your local office supply store and get the same thing for a few dollars.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
Agreed Gary but after what I have spent on my entire system? This is dirt cheap!

It's just a "cool factor" thing.

Tom

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
What a rip-off.

$39.95 for a book holder?

Go to your local office supply store and get the same thing for a few dollars.
Maybe so, but not entirely exclusive to book holders in this hobby! :p

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Like Johnny above, I use a sheet music holder. There are a few different types on the market, the model made by Manhassset is probably the best. It can actually hold about three LP's. The MFSL unit above doesn't look like it would be big enough to display the LP, unless it was siting on a table or stand or??

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
This will be sitting on one of the crossover enclosures that are also powder coated in black. Should (in theory) be a perfect match.

Tom

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada

That ? but I made a similar one made of wood. So easy to make and fun and creative ...

---

Or ...

---

And one for your Blu-rays ...

---

A guitar stand for the LP playing ...

Or ...

This for your CDs/Blu-rays/DVDs/Cell phones ...

Simplicity in a chameleon (good for all music/movie mediums and comes in various sizes):

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011

That one is pretty cool. I would personally paint it black but it is definitely cool and fits the musical theme. Where did you find that one at and do you know where to source it?

One second thought, I like this one better than the Mo-Fi one.

Tom

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing